Do Pedants Annoy You?

Incorrectly Kw annoys me. So I’m pedantic?

I see nuthing wong with wot you writted!

1 Like

I tend to treat pedantic behaviour with the contempt it deserves and construct my replies in such a way that will really wind the pedants up. Well, I have to find my fun somewhere :man_shrugging: :grin:

1 Like

I sǝǝ unʇɥᴉuƃ ʍouƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ʍoʇ ʎon ʍɹᴉʇʇǝp¡

No’ unɟɟᴉuʞ ɐʇ ɐll ʍɹouƃ¡
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

Ok…so how did you do that? Curious minds need to know! :thinking:

Oʞ…so ɥoʍ pᴉp ʎon po ʇɥɐʇ¿ Ɔnɹᴉons ɯᴉups uǝǝp ʇo ʞuoʍ¡

Iʇ,s ǝɐsʎ ǝuonƃɥ¡

:upside_down_face: :grinning:

Here we are ‘curious mind’, it’s very easy using this website.
Just copy and paste the result into OFC:

:grinning:

1 Like

Well thank you! Saves me writing it all down and working out what you said as if I’m doing a crossword puzzle

Granny-Grandma-Internet-old-people

You're Welcome Smiley Smiley

I nsǝp ʇo po loʇs oɟ ɔɹossʍoɹp dnzzlǝs qnʇ uoʇ so ɯnɔɥ uoʍɐpɐʎs ɟoɹ soɯǝ nuʞuoʍu ɹǝɐsou˙

I used to do lots of crossword puzzles but not so much nowadays for some unknown reason.
:grinning:

1 Like

I take notions for them too…I enjoy word puzzles of any sort, but find I do a glut of them and then go off them for a few months.

(I would have written that upside down but I don’t want to derail the thread… :astonished: )

Yes, I hadn’t realised that is what I’ve done so my apologies to Tedc the OP,
nothing intended that’s just how ‘the conversation’ went. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m sure Ted will forgive you, he seems an awful nice chap. :smiley:

1 Like

:091: :japanese_goblin: :018: :019: :010: :044:

2 Likes

Awww :joy:

he turned into a pedant. lol

just kidding.

1 Like

Glad some other bugger is turning stuff upside down, no one is inflamable. :biking_man:

Baz,

I never bear a grudge, once I’ve gotten even!

(Pedants note - deliberate use of Americanese, to make a point!)

I would like to think a Pedant has more to offer, than just spelling and punctuation advice :smiley: :biking_man:

1 Like

You should do this more often. I probably wouldn’t notice. :rofl:

I didn’t know this was a thing. It takes me a while to decipher others sometimes.

I don’t bear any grudges either, doing that only allows someone to continue to retain their control over me. Usually I just settle for “Karma”, as in my Signature I used to have on the old OFF forum, do you remember those Tedc? Mine was as those words in italics shown below:

“Karma – what goes around comes around!”

“Change what you can change, learn to live with that which you cannot change.”

As for ‘Americanese’, I do not like to use these words, there are many in our English language that could be used instead. However, everyone to their own is how I regard this.

Incidentally, I have corrected the error introduced into my quote, that had to be done as it was a quote so should have been accurate.
:slightly_frowning_face: :grinning: