Distilled Water

Hi

Nope

With water changes it cost me £4 a week for the water, plus the salt.

Our local water supply is from boreholes, with high nitrates.

The Resin filter takes out most of these and the activated carbon filter takes out the pesticides etc.

I no longer have marines, water changes are 250 litres once a month, very cheap.

I have two schoting oxydators which will be in the tank next week as soon as the platinum catalysts arrive, using hydrogen peroxide which increases the Oxygen Reduction Potential.

Fishkeeping is a misnomer.

Fish live in their toilet, you are a waterkeeper.

@Besoeker , Well one reason for not drinking distilled water
is the probability that your teeth will fall out due to lack of
mineral intake ??
Apart from the dead taste of it !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

It definitely reads like a legal arse protection disclaimer.

I wouldn’t buy distilled water, even in a hard water area. If you have a water filter jug, boil some filtered water and let that cool down. Pass that through the filter again and use it as distilled water (in this case it’s effectively deionised water).

Along with my Tetley tea.

According to the chemists at previous places of employment where we used a lot of distilled/pure water (and to some extent sold some to the navy in days gone by)

Distilled water has an affinity for Carbon dioxide which dissolves in it and makes it acidic. You should never use it in car radiators apparently.

It also doesn’t conduct electricity (in fact its purity is measured by its conductivity in micro mhos)

1 Like

And this

I’ve heard and read cautions about distilled water for a long time. At the time, I couldn’t tell you what they were, but looking it up, there are several.

1 Like

Not heard nowt about distilled water since car batteries became sealed units, makes you think about drinking water, a water main has burst near here (three times in the last month) which, after repair, the water runs a muddy color for for a short while, so, by that reckoning, it should be safe to drink from a puddle, after a rain shower.