Did you manage to avoid covid?

Mr F lost one of his brothers to covid just after christmas,we had not seen him for about 2years as he lived in Spain, eldest granddaughter had it early in pandemic, was a nurse in a major teaching hospital. One of my nieces has just come out of isolation as she and two of her daughters have tested positive.

1 Like

is this a UK only poll as I have just posted and I don’t live in UK?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought it was UK-specific @gumbud though because most (all?) of the replies are from the UK I can see why you might think that.

1 Like

Poll works well, but seeing results, all those avatars look messy. I’d rather see usernames.

Just some input.

1 Like

I keep having sneezing fits but, there again, I’ve had them for years - ever since the hairs in my snot box started growing and tickling the inside of my nasal passages.

1 Like

I caught it from a guest speaker at school (most likely, as she was positive 2 days later)
or possibly a pupil… it was only a matter of time, working conditions being what they were.
I was achy, shivery, permanently tired and had a bad chesty cough. The coughing actually made me throw up so I stopped eating after a couple of days.
With Lemsips/hot squash every 2 hours I felt ok but boy I did some sleeping!
My sense of taste and smell disappeared after 3 days but came back as soon as I recovered, which was about 12 days from the onset of symptoms.
I count myself lucky that it was just a flu-like illness and nothing more. To get it worse must be like a living hell, honestly.

3 Likes

Blimey … you had an awful time … not knowing what ill-effects you would experience or how long they would last must have been extremely worrying … :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I didn’t worry so much actually @Omah
I suppose when you’re the one who is ill you just measure your progress day to day by how you’re feeling and after 4 days I did start to feel better… and increasingly so as the days passed

1 Like

Excellent … :grin:

2 Likes

My brother died from it just before Christmas. I couldn’t go to the funeral as my SIL and niece had it and I am classed as vulnerable.