Dennis Waterman has died

Thank you @ruthio ! And why not…its always good to see you! :+1:

:thinking:

Nope, sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Because I was SO angry the other day, I did a mini flounce!
But I seem to feel better…

2 Likes

Awww, flouncing is good for the soul…gets rid of negative energy :hugs: (Apologies Jazzi, for derailing the thread…been here 5 mins and its off the tracks already!)

yeah good for the soul true, pity it doesn’t get rid of the damn Bots telling me what to do. Grrrrrr.
Sorry Dennis, didn’t mean to disrespect your R.I.P. thread, I shall really miss you xx

1 Like

Well don’t be so complacent; you won’t be a spring chicken forever, you know. :chicken:

1 Like

Just read this elsewhere. My first boyfriend was the image of him. He moved from London so spoke like Dennis Waterman and looked very like him.

Loved Dennis in the Sweeney and Minder. They have recently done re runs on TV and every time I see him I remember my first love.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:. RIP Dennis

I liked his acting … he was good in The Sweeney … but wasn’t keen on him as a person as he used to thump his first wife, Rula Lenska.

Actually 74 is quite old, well done Dennis regardless.

I quite liked him especially in the Sweeney and Minder.

However if you look at some of his earlier (bit) parts in British films he was actually an appalling actor and only really came good as he got older. At best he was a competent actor but he had some really good roles on TV and will be remembered because of them.

I tend to agree with you, he was nothng more than a competent actor, nice bloke though i met some years ago and none of the luvvie crap with him, just i nice ordinary bloke who happened to make his living acting. :smiley::smiley:

That didn’t go un-noticed! Harrumph!! :triumph::roll_eyes:

He should have left the singing alone, probably.

That’s what I thought too and it’s too close for comfort .

Same here Pixie, good to see you back…
:hugs:

1 Like

Why not Ruthio?

Disregard my last post ruthio…My goodness! Don’t things move fast on the forum…It’s hard to keep up sometimes…
:astonished:

Sorry Jazzi, I too have been a naughty boy and deviated from the Original topic.
I liked Dennis in the Sweeney and Minder also, but telly seems to have ‘Gone to the dogs’ recently and it’s not a patch on some of those old series. RIP Dennis…I’ll be on my way soon and perhaps we’ll meet up in the afterlife…

deleted

Oh that’s sad, may he rest in peace

He wasn’t the greatest actor and his attitude to women and violence was awful, although that was years ago, maybe he’s grown since

But it feels like the end of an era, really, he’s always been around, playing characters we liked or loathed, part of the scenery and he’s given us a lot of entertainment over the years

Sorry to see him go :frowning: