Days out Holiday's or Day Trips..Fairs etc

Days out or Days on Holiday, where fun was the plus point…

Ever been on one of these
…It is not like you can ever forget, that one ride that lasts a lifetime of memories… :rofl:

1 Like

Di can say have never been on one of them. I can imagine it though.
I’d be too worried about catching my personal belongings on those horns. That you would never forget :crazy_face:
Have had other more sedate rides though :relaxed:

2 Likes

This is me with granddaughter Taylor having an exciting time at Gullivers Kingdom.

water,slide

4 Likes

That is a great Photo and will be always such a great Memory for you both…

1 Like

I want to see a pic of you on one of them Dianne :lol:

You look like you througouhgly enjoyed that @carol :smiley:

Yes, it was good even though I did get wet through! :grin:

2 Likes

I would quite happily show one if I had one, enjoy showing off Photos of allsorts… certainly done those rides many a time…Mainly in Spain…Anything to do with Water and I am in it…
Mainly water parks in Spain. One year we took these two horrors with us to our Apartment in San Juan de Alicante for a month… must say they came home knowing words like please and thank you, which was the icing on the cake…Photo of them back then…

and a few years ago…
Now they have got a real family of their own… and children of their own also…

jade and jessica

1 Like

Old Photo…Estartit Costa Bravo Spain…a camping site we would go to quite of lot for Holidays, when the children lived at home…
Had two large swimming pools one high up the mountain and had a disco each evening up there as well. Car needed for that…
One afternoon a few people got together in our view from our Caravan.
…first a fiddler and a lone female singer…then added a few more people until there was a fair crowd…Soon it turned to songs of the Country you came from and the wine flowed…and flowed…Auld Lang Syne from the few Brits…
was not like this beautiful version…

Was a real communal afternoon and is was repeated a few times whilst staying there…The memories are good to reflect on…still makes me smile.

1 Like

Windsor, London & The Spanish School Of Riding. 2014

3 Likes

Thanks Tiffany…that has provoked some good feelings for me…My Husband’s Ancestors…the Aumoniers…

2 Likes

The other side of the family was William Woollams a very inventive wallpaper designer, of the era of lead coated paints…His were not…

1 Like

Just to run ahead of History…sold out to Sandeson…except just recently seen that in fact the Wm Woollams business for all its expertise…went bust…Sanderson bought out a failed business in truth…

1 Like

New Zealand, maybe its too late now but I really wanted to go to New Zealand Coromandel, to be precise.
This House was built in honour of Frederick Woollams one of the Children of Wm. Woollams of Wallpaper fame (Married Marie Anne Aumonier Husbands, 3rd Great Grandparents) who went to Coromandel and was One of the first settlers to build makeshift buildings for the workers to be…GoldProspecting…(Charles Ring was the very 1st to arrive)

https://docs.tcdc.govt.nz/store/default/2694237
Some interesting Photos and Fred. is mentioned on P.5 P.13 and Page 19.
No mention of the Avenue named after him, but he was very well thought of in Coromandel, and My Daughter and I joke about…Where did all the Gold end up…One day…mmm one day…
Shame the house Fir Lawn, caught fire and really just left to rot…

2 Likes

Well there you are! I’ve only gone and dunnit!! Booked a holiday for next month. Two weeks in the sun. Risky? Maybe but we are both fully jabbed and of course we will both take great care. Anyway, as Freddie once sang…Who wants to live forever.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Have a great Holiday Den & Better Half

A whole month to wait… :thinking: :sunglasses: :cocktail: :flight_departure: :luggage: :sunny: :musical_note: :lol:

1 Like

Thanx Di. We both decided that we needed to see the sunset in a foreign country. It’s been one hell of an eighteen months.

1 Like

My friend & I loved visiting Stately Homes before the lockdown. This picture was taken in the Manor House at Lyme Park - owned by the National trust.

3 Likes

We are National Trust members and regularly visit a number of local properties. Ightham Mote for one and Chartwell for another. Chartwell which was where Churchill lived, The interior looks as if he is still there.

2 Likes

My Sister and her late Husband are members and was always interesting to hear of there latest visit to the various National Trust Houses Mansions etc…
This one looks amazing…

1 Like

Well looking out the window right now and actually seeing blue skies I’m getting my brain in gear and planning some trips for when the ground has dried and is no longer a quagmire!

Can’t wait to get back to the local ’ hotspots ’ Worthing, Brighton, Eastbourne and back to a certain pub in Hastings Old Town!

Oh and definitely a trip to Kew during the Easter hols with a small but well stocked picnic basket and half a bottle of bubbly :champagne:
Proper posh!!