Daydreaming is good for your health - do you daydream?

I’m a daydream believer and I couldn’t leave her if I tried.

3 Likes

Everely brothers - Dream, dream, dream all I wanna do is dream??

2 Likes

I daydream a lot about retiring. I also dream of moving away from here into an area with lovely scenery for long walks.

1 Like

I would have thought you were the Gaffer Gumbud, ist :+1:

1 Like

From the OP

It reminds me of 'creative visualisation ’ … which they claim is more suited to the Western mind as our minds are far too busy to meditate successfully.

Is short … dwell upon and create in your mind something you really like. Like a secret garden …or walking along the beach and feeling the sea lapping at your toes. Whatever works for you.
Some might call it escapism but it is supposed to be rejuvenating and refreshing to a weary spirit.

1 Like

a good mate of mine put up scaffolding for a job. One day he was seen by a bystander to just walk right off the top of a 100 ft building - they said he must have been daydreaming - he always wanted to fly too??

2 Likes

:+1: :smiley:

To me ‘daydreaming’ is a bit of a waste of time. I think action is better than thinking about it!

I do believe in a few minutes of switching your mind off completely and let it go blank for a few minutes… then switch it back on!

I’d say…Life is too short to stop and think about things… action is more beneficial.

that’s what the buddhist believe!!

Gumbud, lt’s funny you should say that… but when l have spoken to some people about my views on various things in life, they have remarked… ‘That’s what Buddhists believe in’!

Maybe, l should start kneeling and chanting for a few hours every day!!

I daydream a lot. I tend to daydream when I’m trying to sleep or if I wake up in the early hours. I have always daydreamed and over the years my daydreams have evolved and changed.
Its all pure fantasy

1 Like

From the resources in the OP. Does this describe you?

Yes, the Buddhists are the humblest know-it-alls you are ever likely to come across. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

This is reminding me of Tom in Waiting for God, he had a great daydream life

I always thought mindfulness was overrated.

I don’t want to be “in the moment” when I’m cleaning the loo, trudging up a traffic filled road to get to the station, listening to the office bore

I wanna be swimming in the sea in Perranporth, walking up the Champs-Élysées, getting an award for my prize winning novel, chatting to Sylvester Stallone :rofl:

So that’s where my mind takes me!

Making love under the stars. :thinking:

Sorry; just daydreaming. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oooh, yes, can I use that one? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Of course you can. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like