Dash cams recommendations?

No you didn’t, but you have, and I did.

And to be sure, apply a little spit! :shock:

So are you planning to leave that suction mount there on the windscreen 24x7?

No it’s not on the windscreen, it’s on top of the dash stuck to a carbon fibre plate that is then stuck with double sided sticky pads.
The Möbius is then placed in its custom holder that is screwed via a tripod mount.

FAO Emjay…

Bought Sue a dashcam yesterday and spent the morning fitting it to here car.
I wanted to hard wire itbut for some reason the piggyback connector didn’t put throught the power , but in actual fact a bit of a blessing as it would have been hard to conceal the extra wiring. So I just hid the cigar lighter connecting cable instead.
I have a bifty bit of kit , it is a small neon light on a curly cable with a cigar socket plug on the othr end. So i can easilt tell if the socket is live all the time or not.

So if you were wanting to conceal the wiring presumably that means you were going to conceal the dashcam itself?

What dashcam did you go for?

Next base 312 gw

Oh . . . . not something you can conceal then.

Yes you can hide it in your pocket when you leave the car.

Bugger! I wish I had thought of that…cunning :lol:

Carrying a dashcam around the size of an old digital camera everywhere you go is pretty inconvenient imo. Plus the constant removing of it and re-inserting of it into a cradle or the constant plugging and unplugging of the power cable if there isn’t a cradle, is going to put a lot of wear and tear on those connection parts. Will be interesting to see how it fares.

You have said all this in the past. But it is not all that large and even in a case it’s is no bigger than a older smaller mobile phone.
Also I feel sure that the constant removal and replacement of it was thought of by the manufacturer. (The Nextbase slides in and out.)

Nextbase 312GW buffering problem

When a computer has windows 10 as the operating system the downloaded Nextbase Replay3 produces buffering on video and sound.

This is because that download only works up to windows 8.

The answer I have found is to alter the compatibility to run on windows 7. By doing this everything runs as it should.
I have to express some surprise that Nextbase Replay3 has not been upgraded to accept windows 10

Reported to nextbase support

Yes, Windows 10 has been out for a sufficiently long time to expect third party programme producers to upgrade their software.

No help to you, of course, but the Mobius software runs perfectly well on Windows 10, at least on my installation.

My Nextbase 312GW was supplied with something called Datakam Player. It used to work OK but I’ve just tested it and there seem to be “connection” problems.

I have, therefore, downloaded Nextbase Replay3 onto my Windows 10 PC.

I have tested a few driving “movies” and there is no buffering on video and sound.

I have just checked the operating manual - here’s an extract which may help you:

Video file playback is jumpy.

Remove the SD card and reformat to remove non-contiguous files.

For best recording use a branded class 10 type (30MB/s) or UHS type 1 micro SD card of 8 to 32GB recommended size.

PC may not be sufficient for the playback task, try a different PC.

Copy the recorded video files onto the PC / Mac for playback directly rather than use the iN-CAR CAM as a card reader, as the USB system on your PC may be too slow for HD video playback.

Hi

Guy tells me they are compulsory in Taiwan and have to be on at all times.

Not surprisingly they are dirt cheap over there.

quote"
PC may not be sufficient for the playback task, try a different PC.

Copy the recorded video files onto the PC / Mac for playback directly rather than use the iN-CAR CAM as a card reader, as the USB system on your PC may be too slow for HD video playback." unquote

What they say is rubbish. Typical denial. If I download the videos straight onto my computer they run fine.

I know what it is, they don’t want to spend money on upgrading their software and putting it on their download list below

iN-CAR CAM™ 312GW
NBDVR312GW - Instruction Manual (English)
NBDVR312GW - Betjeningsvejledning (Dansk)
NBDVR312GW - Bedienungsanleitung (Deutsch)
NBDVR312GW - Manuel d’utilisation (Francais)
NBDVR312GW - Manuale di Istruzioni (Italiano)
NBDVR312GW - Manual de Instrucciones (Espanol)
NBDVR312GW - Kayttoohje (Suomi)
NBDVR312GW - Instruksjonsmanual (Norsk)
NBDVR312GW - Gebruikshandleiding (Nederlands)
NBDVR312GW - Bruksanvisning (Svenska)
NBDVR312GW - iN-CAR CAM Firmware Release R5.4 (Ver.B R04.0) (including Instructions)
[FONT=“Arial Black”]NBDVR312GW - Nextbase Replay 3 Playback Software[/FONT]

If you go to look you will see the compatibility is for windows 8

https://i.imgur.com/3BAnXPV.jpg

Well, Nextbase Replay 3 seems to be working fine on my 64-bit Windows 10 PC - I’ll try it on my 32-bit Windows 10 laptop.