COVID: Some supermarkets will not enforce mask wearing

Absolutely Harbal, the next time I see anyone not wearing a mask I will question them to ascertain their motives…

1 Like

Not that old chestnut again Muddy… :roll_eyes:
It might surprise you to know that a lot of people break the speed limit while driving in a built up area, and use their mobiles while driving, throw litter from their car, they also handle the fresh fruit and veg in supermarkets. They don’t care about you if they don’t know you, and will do all sorts of unspeakable things that will put you at risk. They are either ignorant, impolite, or just don’t care, and it’s their life to do as they wish. It’s not their place to avoid you, it’s you who must avoid them, or suffer the consequences.

1 Like

I wouldn’t care enough to bother asking, Foxy, but if it matters to you, then interrogate them by all means. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@OldGreyFox, what you say is sadly true. Pity that altruism seems to be in decline. Perhaps Thatcher was right and there is no such thing as society after all?

1 Like

No disrespect Wishbone, but I strongly suspect that a lot of these statistics and graphs are estimated or proven with limited amounts of people.

The full BMJ article from.which wishbone has cited that table from is here https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223

2 Likes

And it doesn’t bother you that you are lying to get special treatment?

2 Likes

But don’t YoU care that you are a liar?
Actually, it’s non of my business what you do nor do I really care.

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me Bratti because I always wear my mask…

2 Likes

Very personal Bratti…I could take you to court over that accusation…

If you wear your mask why are you determined to wind people up on here ?

2 Likes

It all depends on if you wear glasses, hubby has got one to work at the local schools with the exams and mocks. He wears glasses and it’s very difficult.

1 Like

Here in Redditch Sainsbury’s and morissons are checking customers and if they haven’t got a mask they will give one. Tesco isn’t they’re just relying on the customer. Masks help the other person from any spray of saliva.

2 Likes

99% of the shops up here will not let you in without a mask.

2 Likes

Go right ahead. :sunglasses:

100% of the stores here won’t let you in without a mask either

We got an email from Aldi today saying masks are compulsory in their stores except for those with a medical problem. It has always been that way up here.

2 Likes

I too have never been in a Supermarket here where Folk have not been wearing masks…it’s just become ‘the norm’

It’s just become a habit now, we also have to wear them when moving around the Leisure Centre. Mine comes off when I leave the changing rooms to go through to the pool and back on just before I leave to go back to the car. I don’t wear it when outside walking but it’s in my pocket should I need it. :mask: :mask: :mask: