COVID: Some supermarkets will not enforce mask wearing

typical half-hearted attempt of government policy with no follow through. This is the problem with everything they do. Plus then having a badge that anyone can download to pretend they have a condition. It just shows the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. Unfortunately this applies to anything the current esteemed leaders implement. More loose ends then you find on a hair salon floor.

2 Likes

It’s a shambles … :090:

1 Like

This is appalling what is our country become when people behave in such a manner .
The government should put in an emergency law making it illegal to enter a shop without a mask .
The police should enforce it until people get the picture .
This doesn’t happen in other countries are we the only ones who have no sense ?

2 Likes

They will not do that Muddy. That would be what happens in a well organised administration. Current esteemed leadership believes it is more important to have the appearance of doing something than actually following through. But then that is because they create the most complicated systems and processes that any country could possibly imagine. So the ability for any effective audit or checking is also impossible. But then that comes in quite handy if anyone wants to check what has been done. Also helps to hide from any examination of what has been achieved if you chop and change your mind so much that nobody can follow the trail of breadcrumbs.

2 Likes

It has been compulsory for staff to wear masks in any setting dealing with the public for some time and currently (in NSW) mask wearing indoors is compulsory.

Premier “Let it Rip” Perrottet did remove the need for customers to wear masks in the middle of December but that only lasted a couple of weeks. The only time you don’t need to wear a mask is when actually eating or drinking or when outdoors.

Dancing and singing is currently banned except at a wedding or place of worship.

My observation is that everybody is complying.

My observation is that NOT everybody in the UK is complying.

My observation in the UK is some folks have never complied, that is one of the reasons this situation has gone on so long.

So do Sainsbury’s.

One on each knee as well, Foxy, so we don’t become over excitied!

1 Like

I suspect that the fines for breaching a public health order may help concentrate the mind of people in supermarkets or shops.

Penalties for breaching public health orders

The NSW Police may issue on-the-spot fines to individuals of

• $1,000 for breach of a public health order
  • $500 for failure to comply with a direction to wear or carry a mask for those aged 18 years or older
  • $80 for failure to comply with a direction to wear or carry a mask for those aged 16 or 17 years of age
  • $40 for failure to comply with a direction to wear or carry a mask for those aged 15 or younger
  • $5000 for failure to comply with the obligation to answer questions asked by a contact tracer, provide your name and contact details to a contact tracer, provide true and accurate information to a contact tracer, and for spitting or coughing on a public official or other worker.
  • $5000 for failure to comply with obligations to self-isolate if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, including staying at home or in hospital, as determined by a doctor, nurse or paramedic; providing details of contact with other persons and places you have visited; and complying with NSW Health guidelines
  • $5000 for failure to comply with obligations to self-isolate if you are a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19, including staying at home up to 10 days, as determined by a doctor, nurse or paramedic; submitting to testing for COVID-19; and complying with NSW Health guidelines.
  • $5000 for providing, displaying, or producing information or evidence showing a person is fully vaccinated (such as vaccination evidence) that is not true and accurate.

In the case of any corporation, the maximum penalty is $55,000 and a further $27,500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues.

Penalties for spitting and coughing

Penalties apply to people who intentionally spit at or cough on

• a public official
  • another worker while the worker is at work or travelling to or from work

in a way that would reasonably be likely to cause fear about the spread of COVID-19.

The NSW Police may issue an on-the-spot fine of $5,000 to individuals for this offence.

Workers who are covered by this rule include police, hospital staff and other health workers, bus drivers, taxi drivers, ride share drivers, food delivery workers, security guards and postal delivery staff.

Exactly that Harbal

Who knows if masks help but does it matter?

Cos what really gets to me is all these big headed people who think they are so special and precious that they shouldn’t have to keep the rules like the rest of us and the sneaky little ways they find to get out of it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I feel for the staff, I really do, they get a lot of aggro, and they’re not paid enough to put up with that

But I still think supermarkets should give people not wearing masks the bum’s rush and pay extra security staff to deal with it

And all those whiny little “I’m special” mask refusers should get over themselves :rofl:

Big burley security guard on the door…No mask? No Entry…Simples.
It’s not up to the young girl (or old girl) on the till to enforce rules to shoppers.

1 Like

Sounds good where do you get a big burly security guard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I might be able to spare a few hours a week at our local Tesco Muddy…

Security

@ Brucy, Sounds like Oliver Cromwells Puritan England
Brucy ??
You poor sods !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

:rofl: I’ve often asked myself that question but I wasn’t thinking about supermarkets or masks :rofl:

3 Likes

this is the another message referring to me from you but I have never posted on this topic please stop, it messes up my searches looking for mail to me.

@brucy Sorry, I think that reply was probably for me, his spelling is haphazard at its best.

2 Likes

@ Brucy, not Bruce ! Sorry Brucy, you happen to have chosen
my pet name for Bruce as your avatar!
I will attempt to correct this in future !
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::+1:

1 Like

I had to go to the shopping centre today and there were only a few people wearing masks, but when I had to go into the opticians I had to wear one and the people who work there. I don’t mind wearing one at all.