Covid: Sajid Javid warns country could hit 100,000 cases per day

Sajid Javid has warned that the number of new infections across the UK could hit a record 100,000 a day.

The health secretary said the government would not heed the call from the NHS Confederation to implement “plan B” measures such as mandatory mask-wearing “at this time”.

Anticipating 3,000,000 cases a month seems like going for the illusory “herd immunity” - a “mad, bad and dangerous” strategy … :scream_cat:

1 Like

Yes, because any immunity is short lived, apparently, what the heck is that all about. :biking_man:

The “Announcement” from Savage Javage - was nothing more than a slap on the wrist and told to get all your jabs. Not even a suggestion of wearing masks whenever inside. It was a non-announcement… Why did they bother? Not a single, clear, instuction to follow - other than the jabs of course…which most reasonable people are doing.
I have far far more respect for our scientists than I ever will from Savage. We need to see more from Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance - their words carry far more weight!

3 Likes

More Jabs? I want more of the same, its cheap and easy to store, but, not available for some reason, that has yet to be communicated. :grinning: :biking_man:

Hobsons at it again :grinning: :biking_man:

It’s all about making room for the new arrivals.

1 Like

I’ll add to my post…Covid Boosters - only available six months after your second jab. You should get a text from the NHS on the exact day, telling you to get your booster. Then phone your GP or vaccine hub and you’ll be lucky to get an appointment within two weeks! WHY? As I’ve said before, GP’s get £17 per patient per jab. They’re VERY happy for you to attend their surgery whenever and if ever they can give you an appointment. I would really suggest you make that appointment then also check your local vaccine hub and see what they’re up to. If they’re doing boosters they may also be doing “walk-ins”. If not, see when you can make an appointment - and take the earliest you can get.
Having spent a good deal of time at a vaccine hub today - apparently appointments only - anyone who qualifies for a booster would be welcomed and given a jab straight away!

Different up here. No need to phone to book an appointment. We got a notification from NHS Scotland to attend a local vaccination centre for flu and covid booster vaccinations on 22nd October.

It seems the amount of jabs an individual has does not matter for the individual, it may help the collective though.
Who Knows?

“We’ve always known” and “just as we expected” - then why lift all the restrictions and allow people to congregate in clubs and pubs and let most people think it’s ok to carry on as normal? :icon_rolleyes:

:021:

2 Likes

Yes, many of us know about this, but like me, many of us have NOT been notified! AND, contacting the centre where the previous two were given is a waste of time because they had not been notified either.

I think you have to wait until six months after your second one, don’t you?

So I’ll be due at the end of November

I’ll definitely be looking for walk in centres rather than waiting for my doctor’s surgery

I am just off the phone to 111 and I was told to wait until I was contacted even though the booster is now well overdue.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our strictly-on-topic-please tag - this means the poster of the thread would prefer that you stay on-topic when posting in this thread.

If you’d like to start a related discussion you can do so easily by clicking on the time-stamp in the top right of any post and then clicking on + New Thread - this will then let you post a new thread and place a link to each from the other, thus making them ‘linked threads’ :023:

Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:orange_heart:

Looks like Mr Javid was 100% correct. (I hope this is on topic enough Mr Bot)