Covid origin studies say evidence points to Wuhan market

Did you miss the ‘NOT’ word out, Ripple, or did you mean it as it reads?

That is probably true, Bruce. There are plenty of zoonotic diseases, so why not this one.
We are just another species, after all - no matter how superior some humans think they are.

2 Likes

They’ve been operating the market for years Mups and nothing like this has happened before. The link between a virus in bats or whatever has clearly been tampered with to allow it to be passed to humans. Bit of a coincidence that the lab is in the same location? This whole thing smells worse than the market…

3 Likes

I thought the wet markets had stopped selling wild animals?
What happened to the ban on the wild animal trade for consumption which China introduced in 2020?

Have they changed the law again since then?

I’ll assume that you’re a “naysayer”, then … :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Ooops another fine mess !
‘nt yes

None of us can prove what happened but the reports I read were before the world pandemic & they even posted pictures of the scientist involved… who has since disappeared.
It was a USA reporter that did the investigation and he mentioned that it could be dangerous for much of the world as such a virus could cause economic problems for many countries, apart from possible deaths.
I am no admirer of the USA but they dont have a good relationship with China and if I had to believe one I don’t think China would be my choice. This is a report from 2021

Where is the US-China relationship headed in 2022?
**The US and China are increasingly locked in a serious economic and geopolitical competition, and the rivalry looks set to escalate next year.

The CCP are already trying to increase their power and appear to be discreetly on Putin’s side over Ukraine . Both leader’s would love the world to become communist & what better way than harming the economy of many non communist countries?.

The reports I read and the research I did before forming my opinion were about the biological aspects and knowledge of the way viruses can adapt as they move back and forth within reservoirs of different animal species.

I think the political arguments clouded a discussion that should have been based purely on science.

nevertheless I do believe that science and politics can make good bed fellas at times! I always remember that one of the lab scientists who tried to warn at least some “caught a disease” and died strangely??

1 Like

china and russia have a love hate relationship with the west and would quite happily love to bring it down imo - they are unscrupulous in their desires to rule the world - I wouldn’t trust them with one hair of my grannies head; and I have a casket full of them!!

the west needs to remain strong and resolute and stick together to withstand the various onslaughts of these nations imo

nb: there certainly seemed to be some nefarious activities occuring in the Wuhan laboratories which have never been fully explained. I believe there was a cover up action to avoid the rest of the world seeing too much

2 Likes

Wasn’t there some American involvement in the labs?
You say that about China and Russia having a love hate relationship with the west Gummy, but, particularly in the UK, just about everything we use is made in China? We would be shafted without them.

sure but they love ozzie wine and so we keep them sweet!!

It should of read I ***wouldn’t ***
I’ve never wanted to visit china because of its record of cruelty.

1 Like

Hi

I am now going to upset so many.

Not deliberate, just a fact of life.

Wuhan is a Level 4 Lab, subject to the most intrusive Inspections.

Please get over it.

It happens and it will happen again somewhere.

Covid is a virus, not a bacteria.

Wuhan has a Level 4 Laboratory

Hi An Kiyd with Old fasuht bd] beatufy=ekkl decjnds eger,

Ey? :thinking:

Jiangxia district residents have been ordered to stay inside their homes or compounds for three days after four asymptomatic Covid cases were detected.

China follows a “zero Covid” strategy, including mass testing, strict isolation rules and local lockdowns.

This has resulted in far fewer deaths than in many other countries.

But the strategy is facing growing opposition as people and businesses continue to face the strain of restrictions

In Wuhan, a city of 12 million people, regular testing uncovered two asymptomatic cases two days ago.

Two more cases were found through contact tracing, and shortly after the lockdown order was issued.

No messin’ … :open_mouth:

so this time they get it right do they??

china in massive lockdown

if you will play with fire you’ll get ya fingers burnt - you started it now try putting it out?

1 Like

At some point they/we are going to have to let covid run rampant Gummy or it will destroy the world as we know it.
Good job we all had the vaccine.

1 Like

Not sure that rampant is the word foxy. It is being allowed to spread, but at a more controlled rate and with damage limitation (vaccines and better treatment availability) in place. Thought that was the idea anyway.

2 Likes