Covid: Living with Covid plan will restore freedom, says Boris Johnson

Gawd on the link, click on it and you’ll see what I mean. It gets updated as new news comes in.

There’s no link on the graph but I referred to the Sky link that you provided and found the graphs at the bottom of the second page.

There’s no link to the government source, though, which I would have liked … never mind … :man_shrugging:

Yup that’s why I put the time, so you knew how far you had to scroll down if you wanted to view them for yourself or find more about them.

1 Like

Found the source:

Another graph:

Yup but the one from the press conference that I posted gives a breakdown between vaccinated and unvaccinated. And the most important one to me is the one that shows those in icu.

Indeed … and they’re both in the source document, too.

This is the one I keep a regular eye on and as can be seen on 18th February there was only 335 people in icu, but it doesn’t give a breakdown to who has or hasn’t been vaccinated. And on 18th February 2021 there was 2,535 in icu, that’s a helluva difference.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

1 Like

I link to that site every day in my “Status Reports” - occasional graphs are included when pertinent … :+1:

I usually test myself before going to meet people who may be vulnerable and I ask for a new pack of testing kits at the pharmacy when I open the last packet.
About two weeks ago, when the pharmacy texted me to say my prescription was ready, they added a reminder to collect some free testing kits.
I thought that was unusual but as I had just opened my last packet, I made a mental note to collect a pack.
I actually forgot to ask for them when I collected my prescription but the pharmacy assistant reminded me by asking if I wanted some test kits, which she has never done before.
I expected her to give me one pack, as usual, but she handed me 2 packs and waved her hand towards a stack of them and said do you want more? You can have as many as you like - 2, 4 , 6 , 8 ?
I wondered if she knew something I didn’t about stopping the free test kits but I didn’t want to be greedy, so I said 2 was sufficient.

The next day, a friend went to the same pharmacy and the pharmacy assistant had a similar conversation with her - but she also told my friend that they had lots of them and were trying to hand as many out as possible, so she persuaded my friend to take extra packs - she came away with 10 packs of test kits!
She plans to give some away to family and friends who don’t have any.

I wondered if the pharmacy knew then they would be stopping free testing and wanted to get as many kits out there as possible while they were still free or if they been told to stop ordering more packs and distribute all the stocks they were holding a couple of weeks before this latest announcement.
However, if free testing is not stopping until end of March, that would make no sense.
It seems barmy to have been giving people way more than they wanted for their immediate needs two weeks ago, then start restricting them now,
I wonder if other pharmacies were doing the same thing?

I just hope people didn’t take more than they needed because the expiry date on them was June 2022 and it would be a shame if they were wasted when other people may have used them.

Boot that must be the case because they’re very old stock going out of date so when people do have to pay for them they wouldn’t be able to get rid of them I expect. I’ve just looked at a pack that I must have got 6 months or more ago and they go out July 2023.

Also, where they used to just be able to give them out when I got mine, now you have to get a code or something before they hand them out that’s been for some months now, so I would say they must be very very old stock before that came into effect.

On Sunday when I was in town, I met a gentleman I know in his seventies who just prior to lockdown had finished treatment for lung cancer. He informed me he’d just got over Covid and he said it wasn’t even like a cold, he said it was good because he can’t normally sleep at night but whilst having it he slept like a baby so is hoping for another bout lol

Anecdotal … :man_shrugging:

Yeah I know it is, and your point is lol Thought people might be interested in hearing about it.

My brother-in-law caught COVID and died - that’s not anecdotal - that’s a fact and he’s now a statistic.

Yup my ex’s brother (so my ex brother-in-law) and my daughter-in-law’s dad both died this time last year of it, so they are both statistics too. The gentleman who I met in town is lucky he caught it now that we’ve got the vaccinations and not prior to the vaccinations.

I also know quite a few people who now have long covid as they caught it prior to vaccinations. I don’t know what you’d like to class them as, statistics or anecdotal.

Still can’t see your point.

Oh well … :man_shrugging:

Won’t make any difference to me, I’ll still be wearing a mask & not meeting with people, nor will I be going where there are crowds of people. With a Son who has had an op & radio therapy & about to have more treatment for a cancerous tumour in his brain, I will not be going anywhere in the future, if he got Covid from me it would probably be a far quicker end for him & who knows what it would do to me also. We have all had every jab, but you never know.

Tiffany hugs, think if I was in your situation I’d do the same.

1 Like

Boots will sell individual Covid tests for SIX POUNDS from tomorrow but will slash price to £2.50 by April as experts urge ministers to introduce Spain-like cap to stop retailers cashing in

Thank you Wendeey.

1 Like