Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

To encourage even more to come.

I assume that he wants to make the UK the first third-world country in Europe.

Bolton lockdown ‘not ruled out’ - Hancock

The health secretary said the “vast majority” of people in the town who are in hospital with the new variant had not taken up the offer of a vaccine.

He said the government was prepared to implement restrictions if necessary.

I wonder if this is the point where they will make it compulsory…? The vaccine, I mean

As in “locking the stable door after the horse has bolted” … :!:

Absolutely not Pixie…:009:

It wouldn’t be the first time now, would it? :shock:

Oh but they might have to be seen to be “doing something” and this would come under the “Lessons have been learned”
heading :069:

Hi

We are already seeing No Vaccine No Job.

No Vaccine, No Travel.

Individual Companies will make their own decisions.

I don’t think most people realise just how many there are who will not have the vaccination Pixie. It’s not something that you will hear on the BBC. And what would they do if you refuse to have the jab? Hold you down and administer it by force?

When some companies don’t need a certificate and some do Swim, as soon as they start losing money they will soon change their minds. The tourist trade in some countries is their main source of income, there are quite a few already who don’t need a vaccine passport to travel there. Quite a few airlines also. It’s a non starter.

I think there will be ways of administering the vaccine - isn’t there a pill which will be ready by the end of the year, once trial are “successful”. Very Orwellian, but think of the mental health patients, or those who are not cognitively aware of what’s going on and may be very disruptive if held to be given a jag. And as Swimmy says, (and I mentioned before) you will be gradually ostracised from society if you can’t prove you have had it. Sounds very dramatic, I know, but I wouldn’t put anything past the Govt.

my son works in a govt dept with other highly qualified colleagues - he is having is first covid today but his learned colleagues who I assume had listen to the health advise and perhaps even read some learned papers are all refusing to have theirs - this is not poor illiterate folk fgs it is madness!

This is curious…what do they know that we don’t?

Hi

They are highly qualified in what?

Loads of rubbish on Social Media about the vaccine

Or loads of rubbish on the BBC and MSM…I’m surprised at you Swim, can’t you see when you are being manipulated…:102:

:023:

But isn’t the forum classed as ‘Social Media’?..:017:

Are you saying that everybody posts a load of rubbish on here?

Hi

Nope.

This is a niche site, Facebook and Instagram are not.

What about twitter Swim?
Surely there must be some genuine characters on those sites Swim…

The COVID-19 pandemic may yet have only been a warning which has allowed governments to prepare for the next pandemic, if they’ve learned the lessons … :roll:

One thing is clear - testing and lockdowns help to control pandemics but only vaccines can (temporarily) halt them … :023:

So … any remnant of the current pandemic must be stopped in its’ tracks and anyone at risk of catching/ communicating the current infection must be treated with a vaccine (or similar) or lose all citizen’s rights … :!:

More than 2,300 cases of Indian variant now in UK, Matt Hancock says

The health secretary tells MPs there are now 86 local authority areas with five or more confirmed cases of the COVID-19 variant.

Delivering a COVID-19 statement in the Commons, Matt Hancock said 483 cases have been confirmed in Bolton and Blackburn with Darwen, where the variant is now the dominant strain.

There are fears the variant - which could be as much as 50% more transmissible than the variant that emerged in Kent at the end of last year and led to England’s third lockdown - could delay the lifting of all legal limits on social contact on 21 June, step four of the roadmap.

This outbreak could have been so easily avoided - let’s hope that it doesn’t get much worse … :shock: