Convenience store spy cameras face legal challenge

The main goal of the first CCTV cameras was only to take successive photos when motion was detected.

Today, CCTV or video surveillance systems are not only about security.

Modern CCTV technologies are vested with advanced analytics software and have an advanced option for face recognition software that helps companies bring new business opportunities.

So face recognition is a great complement to the traditional CCTV systems.

Previously, you needed to look through videos manually in order to find the necessary information. Now face recognition systems can automate this task.

1 Like

This TV programme “Shoplifters & Scammers: At War With The Law” was on 5Star at midday today. Interesting viewing and worth watching considering it covers most of what we’ve been discussing in this thread (including Pixie’s face recognition cameras).

1 Like

Oh…I wonder if I could catch up with it…I’d like to see what they make of it. :+1:

Try:

https://www.channel5.com/show/shoplifters-scammers-at-war-with-the-law

1 Like

Oooh thanks Omah! I’ll watch that after dinner! :+1:

@Percy_Vere I just watched this! Very interesting…I’ll be watching the rest of the episodes. It seems the shoplifters have upped their game since I was in retail - although the “skirt bag” is a tactic I’m familiar with. Also distraction…many families would send in their kids to cause mayhem with food and drink, and while we were busy cleaning up and shooing them out, the parents would come in and steal what they could in that time.