Contactless card query

For those interested in the history of how the “Money Changers” have repeatedly wrested back control of the money printing over the years I recommend you read this link. Ignore the religious overtones and simply work down the main part that highlights all the key historical figures, kings, queens, notable figures etc who have played their part.

Here we are in the year 2016 and yet this money war is still going on. The “people” are still being exploited by those in control of the money and will continue to be until the next revolution or “change” in that situation.

http://antimatrix.org/Convert/Books/Andrew.Carrington.Hitchcock/The.History.of.the.Money.Changers.htm

Some extracts:

1764 - Benjamin Franklin is asked by officials of the Bank of England to explain the prosperity of the colonies in America.

“That is simple. In the Colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner creating for ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay no one.”

As a result of Franklin’s statement, the British Parliament hurriedly passed the Currency Act of 1764. This prohibited colonial officials from issuing their own money and ordered them to pay all future taxes in gold or silver coins.

1787 - James Madison was opposed to a privately owned central bank after seeing the exploitation of the people by the Bank of England. Thomas Jefferson was also against it, and Jefferson later made the following statement,

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations which grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

1790 Mayer Amschel Rothschild made the following statement from his bank in Frankfurt, Germany,

“Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.”

1963 - President Kennedy

President Kennedy issues dollar bills carrying a red seal, and called United States Note. A lot of people believe he was already printing his own debt free money and that is why he was killed, in much the same way as President Lincoln. However, these United States Notes carrying the red seal were merely a reissue of the Greenbacks introduced by President Lincoln.

What could have been motive though, is that on June 4, President Kennedy signed Executive Order No. 11110 that returned to the United States government the power to issue currency, without going through the Federal Reserve. This order gave the Treasury the power to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury. This meant that for every ounce of silver in the United States Treasury’s vault, the government could introduce new debt free money into circulation

President Reagan’s, “Gold Commission,” reports back to Congress and makes the following shocking statement concerning gold,

“The U. S. Treasury owned no gold at all. All the gold that was left in Fort Knox was now owned by the Federal Reserve, a group of private bankers, as collateral against the National Debt.”

1997 - Tony Blair

“Less than two months before Tony Blair came to power in England, another interesting entry can be found in HANSARD, 5th March 1997, volume 578, No. 68, columns 1869-1871, in which the Earl of Caithness is recorded as having stated:”

“The next government must grasp the nettle, accept their responsibility for controlling the money supply and change from our debt-based monetary system. My Lords, will they? If they do not, our monetary system will break us and the sorry legacy we are already leaving our children will be a disaster.”

I agree.

Bring back bartering.

I offer my wife. How many cattle can I have?

Do you have any illustrations of said wife JB?

Yes, lots.

Are you going to start the bidding?

Is there a reserve on her JB?

No. All reasonable offers considered.

Don’t let them take our card on of sight. Contactless and using your pin should be done with you holding the card. They have portable machines to enable this. With small transactions the best practice seems to be that they ask you if you’d like to use contactless and in some cases if you are OK for them to do it for you, but right in front of you, not out of sight. It should be safe enough if you follow the basics, but it’s still new for a lot of people. My mum used it for the first time this weekend and felt quite excited to be a modern woman :slight_smile: It only works for transactions under £20 or £30, depending on the card and only for a few transactions a day. One thing I don’t get is that they are sometimes unable to provide a receipt, which I suspect is a user error rather than a restriction. Either way I use it a lot and never had a problem.

When my brother visited (from Macclesfield) last year he complained that in the UK the limit is set too low, he said our limit of $100 (£50) was far more sensible.

One of my real annoyances with Woollies is that they always ask if you want a receipt, I always say “yes” but I presume it is just a money saving exercise.

I much prefer the lower limit of £20…any would be thief isn’t going to benefit too much and wont be able to fund his next “fix” from such limits.

Yes, as I understand it, that is the reason for that limit.

I have a contactless credit card but have never had the need to use it as such. In fact, when it is coming up for renewal I shall ask for it to be replaced by a non-contact card.

They changed it to £30 some while back Tpin, and only three contactless transactons per day.

Probably best not to give your card to thieves or addicts then.

Your bank protects you from illegal transactions.

Nooooo…you’re kidding aren’t you…I’d never have thought that.

Glad to have been of help.

I’d rather not make it easy for the thief…thats why I sent my card back and refused a contactless card.

Whether the bank covers the loss or not I refuse to make it easier for scum to profit from what I see as a step back in card security.

The contactless card system serves no purpose whatsoever in practical terms. It doesn’t speed up queues at tills, it isn’t cheaper for the banks to operate, it isn’t any safer.

It has but one single purpose, which is . . .

to pave the way for human RFID tagging

Your are simply being conditioned to accept an electronic device as an ID marker which can be used to make payments. Soon enough that electronic ID marker will be implanted under your skin between your thumb and index finger.

Thousands of people are already trialling this RFID tagging technology. The use of contactless cards to make payments is a scam or ruse to show just ONE small application of this technology. The more invasive and nefarious uses are to “bag and tag” you like a criminal on parole so that your every movement can be recorded wherever you go. There will be hidden tag readers everywhere you go, every shop, outlet, public area, station, theatre and so on.

If you accept contactless cards for payments you are allowing yourself to be preconditioned for an Orwellian 1984 style ankle tag, except that the tag will be implanted in your hand. Don’t go there. It will herald the total end of your privacy as a human, as an individual. It will be the equivalent of accepting that 666 mark of the beast.

Google “Human RFID tagging” and educate yourself.

I agree, I often hanker for the horse and cart, motor vehicles have made robbery far too easy for the common criminal…

The latest looney conspiracy theory brought to you by…

The next step is actually to get all your credit cards, transport cards, membership cards etc onto your phone. Can’t happen quick enough.

Why on earth would they need to implant a chip in your hand? Your phone already knows where you are. Stupid idea.

Why not move to Macclesfield? :-p

Or somewhere nice in Lancashire?