Colour Of Your Eyes

Yes, I would also say they were grey, Carol….

1 Like

I don’t think the picture colour is quite accurate.
I describe them as a sludge colour but I’d love them to have a proper colour.

Green, fading with age.

Mine are grey but sometimes they look grey/green20210909_203939

Mine…

3 Likes

Mine are a dark brownInternet_20210808_193012_14

2 Likes

and gorgeous!

1 Like

Match your hair now at last…post.ginge… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Green and Blue…

:innocent:

2 Likes

How do you know I’ve had a blue rinse :grinning:

Are you getting ideas from James Bond movies :hot_pepper: or is your hair now blue Cpt

1 Like

His mind is blue for some reason… :partying_face:

2 Likes

dark brown eyes here,and no blue rinse :grinning:

good grief Carol, that stye looks painful

1 Like

My good friend Lynne who lives on her own 5 days each week… when I first got to know her in the early 70’s she had the brightest eyes I had ever seen.
…Another day her eyes were a different colour…She had coloured contact lenses and they made her eyes look normal…

When we got to be good friends I found out so much about her and her tragic upbringing.
One thing she had genetically was no colour to her Iris’s also that she would gradually loose her sight.

One operation she had fairly recently, has given her some vision back in one eye only.
This prompted me to search something about her condition.
… I came across a file, this is part of it about our eye colours…

.Brown eyed genes are dominant and blue eyed genes tend to be recessive.
In humans brown eyes are predominant eye color worldwide whereas blue eyes have become increasingly rare .
Blue eyed people share one common ancestor and it is believed that the mutation that caused blue eyes happened between 6,000-10,000 years ago.
Grey eyes are darker than blue eyes and have less melanin pigments. Grey eyes is determined by the amount of melanin pigments in the iris and density of proteins. Only 2 per cent of the world has green eyes and have moderate or low amounts of melanin.
Hazel eyes have colour midway between the lightest blue and the darkest brown eyes and have large amount of melanin in the anterior border of the iris. According to some scientists eye colour can change dramatically in the first few years of life, as many babies are born with blue eyes , later develop green or brown eyes. [4]

Genetics of Eye Color

Distribution of eye color:
Eye color worldwide
Color %
Brown 55%
Black 0%
Blue 8.0%
Green 2.0%
Grey 0%
Amber 5.0%
Hazel 5-8%

Yes it was - thankfully I haven’t had another since.

I just used that picture to illustrate my eye colour. To me, my eye colour seems like sludge!

Eyes, they say, are the windows to the soul - do you believe that to be so?
Certainly they can be kind or cruel, warm or cold. Some actors can portray feelings with just their eyes - others cannot.

One performer, whom I love anyway, that has really kind eyes is Willie Nelson - seen him in several films and his eyes fascinate me - they are so gentle.

unnamed

1 Like

I’ve never been around a person long enough to see into their soul via the eyes, but yes I do believe they are the window to the soul.

Mine? Cold cruel (so I’ve been told) blue.

1 Like