Christmas Turkey

No whole Turkey here…usually do a Turkey breast. This is a typical Christmas menu in my home on Christmas Day. Needless to say, it’s an exhausting experience with plenty leftovers.

2 Likes

Do you type out your Christmas menu? Ooh, that’s posh.

1 Like

@Minx That’s posh I normally shout out what there is or at worst people pop into the kitchen to see what’s cooking. LOL How many are you feeding?

4 Likes

If one pre-prints the menu, then there’s no way of hiding the things that didn’t quite work out on the day :wink::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, my Lord never considered that. You have to be confident to prelist a menu, mine would simply say “food” not even “edible food” LOL

3 Likes

I’ll be there…

1 Like

Bought my turkey on Saturday. Aldi £15.99 for medium size serves 7-11.
Was going to buy a turkey crown but they were £15 anyway and with the whole turkey I can make turkey stew and soup with leftovers and carcase.

1 Like

Used to love mum’s Turkey soup, simmering on the stove top for ages. But what a flavour!

As I have no idea if an invite will be heading my way for Christmas dinner I will make sure I either have a small frozen joint (if I can make room) or slices from a deli, to cook my own.

1 Like

That would be 15 people

1 Like

If I say so myself, my Turkey soup is very good. I make loads and freeze it and it’s lovely having a bowlful a few months later.

I boil up the carcase with onion and carrot and a couple of bay leaves remove all the bones and to the delicious stock, add the leftover cubed meat, onions, celery, potatoes, some herbs, plenty of seasoning and any leftover veggies like a few sprouts and carrots.

Hopefully no one has special dietary needs :grinning:

Good grief! 15 people? You are amazing…took me all my time to cook for 4!

I expect the butler helps out

Nope, Christmas is usually family holidays so no Housekeeper. And I don’t ask her to help in my kitchen :blush:

Wait…do you actually have a Housekeeper? For some reason, it didn’t occur to me that you might have.

1 Like

Sounds yum!

Oooops… just remembered…

I won’t be cooking anything this Christmas, I shall be waited on hand, foot and finger.

I’m going on a cruise, Christmas Day will be at an undisclosed location in the Pacific Ocean.

1 Like

Two women,one kitchen,a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Always have a turkey and got ours a few weeks ago when they came in at Tesco. It’s a 7.0 kgs and have all the trimmings to go with it. There’s only 2 of us so half of it will be portioned up and put in the freezer. Don’t eat more at Christmas, just the same but in a different order. We don’t usually drink but at this time of year we have sparkling wine with the meal and the pudding.

Love to be a fly on the wall listening to two women in the same kitchen. Sauce pans at 10 paces apart

1 Like