Christmas tree lights

I don’t mind,I have a mixture of different lights, I don’t have a tree now, I made it into a stair garland.

2 Likes

Only do multicoloured, but as that’s only four colours, I add a string of white, another of magenta (A red-blue colour) and cyan (blue-green). I would add a warm white, but I’m struggling to get them all on the tree and the same time.

Looks very cosy Pauline .

1 Like

I have some of these Strala lights from Ikea, they change colour every few seconds and look very impressive on the tree

2 Likes

I remember the days when if one solitary bulb on the Christmas tree blew then the whole set would go out.
Much fumbling and mumbling and heaven help you if you didn’t have a spare fuse bulb!

1 Like

Oh my Lord forgot that my Dad used to mumble as he checked rechecked and then one would go as they went on the tree.

1 Like

Blimey! Is it time to get the lights up already…
:open_mouth:

I don`t put decorations up at all,so no lights needed.
I did when i had the children at home,but not now.

We have a green tree with fibre optic lights and red berries. It looks great because the colours change from red to green to silver to gold etc. not up yet though.

I remember those days too - I have a feeling Mum or Dad used to use a folded foil milk bottle top to bridge the connection between the blown light bulb in the string - does that make sense? Or is my memory faulty too?!

1 Like

I usually wait until Christmas week to put up outdoor lights and Christmas Eve to put up a real fir tree but we have had some early Christmas celebrations with family this year, before they go off travelling to sunnier climes for the Winter , so we put up an artificial Christmas tree and some indoor and outdoor lights early this year.

I am rather enjoying the cosy feel of the early Christmas lights this year.

I think our Reindeer has been partying a bit too much already, judging by all the party streamers caught up on his antlers!

3 Likes

Nice decorations Boot…
:+1:

1 Like

It makes sense Boot although I don’t remember my parents getting a little bit handy with the tin foil.
Pifco lights, non LED and the lovely resinous smell of a Norway Spruce.
Glass baubles too!

1 Like

Annie, l love your lights because they are unusual and pretty.

1 Like

Boot, Your decorations are lovely and very classy.
I want that Toy Soldier! :laughing:

1 Like

Chilliboot… you forgot to mention whilst trying to find the rogue bulb, some people were electrocuted!

Grief, I didn’t realise that happened!

1 Like

Thanks Chilli, this is my kitchen display, you can alter the colour to one’s taste, you can make the pics look old, or modern, whatever you like, on the edit function, black and white here,:heartpulse:

Original…

Dramatic.

1 Like

They both look terrific Pauline.
There is something rather timeless about monochrome don’t you think?

1 Like

YES!!..most definitely…:+1:…looks like it has snowed outside in the black and white pic I thought .

Another of my decorated spiral staircase…in black and white.

1 Like