Christine McVie Dead At 79

After you … :bowing_man:

Thanks Megalodon for posting that very interesting and informative link to the Fox article…
Even though Fleetwood Mac rate in my top five all time favourite groups (along with Dire Straits, ELO and Mike Oldfield) there were things I didn’t know about them until now.

I have always considered myself as a ‘Closet Drummer’ spending most of my adult life drumming to the beat on anything I could lay my hands on. I probably got it from my Dad who played drums for a dance band back in the 40’s and 50’s and I inherited his sticks and brushes. Mick Fleetwood was one of my heros and I used to admire his passion and enthusiasm.

I don’t listen to music much these days, but when I do, it will probably be Fleetwood Mac, and I’ll still be drumming along, the quality of their music is quite outstanding, and nothing these days compares with those old rockers…Get writing a few more songs Christine and I’ll be with you soon…Not too soon though…God Bless…xx

yes albatross probably their finest - all male and strongly blues lead guitar peter green who unfortunately became strong psychotic and left the band. it then developed a different focus with Christine and it was trad blues

BBC iPlayer is currently making available: