Chris rea - nothing to fear

Lucky you LF - lots of ice cream treats then. I knew he was from
Middlesboro and the family business was in ice cream.

Just love his music.

One of my favourites. If You Were Me, with Elton John.

Chris rea/elton john

Thanks for this - I really like it and had never heard
it previously! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m no Elton John fan, at all, but do like this.

I currently have fourteen Chris Rea CDs in my collection. All on my Ipod in the car. Never a day goes by where i donā€™t play at least 1 of them interspersed with the occasional Dire Straits. Now and then i might put on some Michael Buble, just keep my wife happy.

Chris should have stopped, after Shamrock Diaries.Imo

Did you buy the 11-CD boxed set ā€œBlue Guitarsā€, which came out in 2005, EZ Rider?
It was an incredibly ambitious set of new recordings tracing the history of blues music, every song his own composition.
It came in a lovely box with his own artwork, which is always based around paintings of guitars.

Heā€™s such a nice, decent bloke is Chris Rea, very unnassuming and humble. He doesnā€™t know how bloody good he is as a guitarist and is very underrated I think. Poor bloke has been through hell and back with his illnesses over the years.

He recorded ā€œThe Road To Hell 2ā€ album whilst going through his awful cancer and he really does struggle somewhat with his vocals on that album. I canā€™t fault the bloke though, a true guitar legend and brilliant performer.

I agree Floydy, he really has been through it with his health. I think the poor bloke now just looks so awful, which he cannot help. His songs before that were all great.

I remember I used to like Russell Watson in the early days until his tumour operations and his voice seemed to change. I no longer enjoyed it like I did.

Annoyingly after I had a clear up in my lounge in September for decorating, and moving stuff to the lock up unit, I can no longer find my own CR CD. Debating what to doā€¦have another good look indoors, or buy it again.

Chris rea

You obviously have good taste EZ! - I just really enjoy#
Chrisā€™ music - brilliant guitarist. Also enjoy Dire Straits
and Roy Orbison - - play Rob and Chris frequently especially in my car!

Glad you enjoyed.

The right version, Mr Rea did many versions of many songs.

Chris rea

Richmond, I put up a link to that last one a few weeks ago.

Great musician, superb guitar player - and heā€™s still trucking-on despite some really bad health in the past.

A credit to Middlesbrough!

Yes Old Fogey ā€“ he really is a trooper despite his health problems - great talent love his music

Thanks for the comments

Apologies Jazzi ā€“ oversight ā€” but it is so good - worth repeating LOL.

Chris Rea