Childhood trauma

But what about the tortoise?

I didn’t see that coming. Neither did Harbal, it seems.

On the more serious side (to the OP), there are therapies that deal with phobias and traumas. Some of them are said to have a pretty good success rate with eliminating the phobias. I’ve read a lot of good things about EMDR (eye movement desensitizaton and reprocessing). Basically, you move your eyes back and forth while thinking of a traumatic memory. That’s supposed to eliminate it. It’s a bit more complicated with the mind state you have to be in and all that, but that’s the basic recipe.

*didn’t work too much for me, but seems to work well for some others.

Its not good, resetting the Domino Race.

Yes but how do you get a tortoise to lay on a couch… :017:

2 Likes

What if for arguments sake a person had a trauma on a day they were due to attend an important job interview for example, so, they DNA, as a result, an alternative set of situations (usually called Life) ensued, surely, if the traumatic event was erased from a memory, all the ensuing occurrences would have no context?

More goes on with a Turtles Head than we give credit for. :icon_wink:

You just lay it on its back, and it’s going nowhere. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I consider a thread to make a mockery from such a serious subject, and I speak from experience, is appalling and should be condemned, not strung along with!!

I agree, LD, and I perfectly understand if you don’t want to string along with it.

1 Like

There was a Two Ronnies sketch.

And earlier today, 200 tortoises escaped on platform 5 of Euston station.
Station manager Ron Butts told our reporter, the box was accidentally knocked over & they were just too fast for our boys.

2 Likes

No childhood trauma to speak of although I can say that taking my wrist watch apart a Timex. I developed a fascination with craftsmanship that has lasted my entire life.

This is a common snapping turtle. This one is huge, it’s head was as big as my hand. These buggers can take a nasty bite out of you and their like a pit bull, once they bite down they don’t want to let go.

1 Like

@Harbal Not making any fun of your phobia, but at least you got a phobia you shouldn’t have any trouble out running. :grinning:

1 Like

Please, Danny, make as much fun of it as you like. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s seems they quite aggressive so watch out Harbel :slight_smile:

1 Like