Charity shops now have designer rails

Do any of you buy your clothes from there?

Most of my clothes I buy are from charity shops…even shoes and boots.

How about you , would you buy/ wear anything from a charity shop?

1 Like

If I saw something i liked on the rails I’d buy from charity shops but I rarely see bargains. My sister was great at finding charity shop bargains though.

I’m not a clothes snob but I have to say I find charity shops have got greedy and there aren’t the bargains there used to be.

I saw a t-shirt for £3 that was worn and you can buy a brand new one from asda for that price.

1 Like

I don’t want to sound snobbish or it’s below me to buy charity shop clothes Pauline , but I’d be wary of where they came from, having said that I have a mate who buys all his clothes there and he looks as neat as anyone…but it’s not for me

1 Like

I hear you wishbone…but this gal is extremely fussy…I bought a dress and pyjamas today…gave them a good look at and smell, don’t think they have ever been worn…

You would

never know my clothes were from a charity shop…:wink:

I have bought clothing from a charity shop. Was out one day, a while ago, no coat & it was cold, so I popped into a charity shop & they had a very nice yellow fleece in my size, so I bought it for £1. I can still wear it now. I have bought the odd tee shirt too.
Lately they do seem to want a lot more for their items whatever they are.
My friend often buys clothing from charity shops. I am more likely to buy teddy bears or Lego now. :grinning:

1 Like

Bought these boots and shoes, like new, they are…I get some beautiful clothes and shoes, boots,etc.

I guess these days I would worry about bedbugs. They are a big problem in some areas.

1 Like

I’ve bought curtains from charity shops, some look as if they’ve not been used…you can tell by the tape at the top .

1 Like

I’ve also bought brand new curtains from charity shops.

Call me a snob I wouldn’t buy clothes from a charity shop … I was bought up wearing secondhand gear. I’d rather walk round in holey jumpers.

To me, there’s a hidden story behind the ‘someone’ who had them before. I’d be trying to imagine the previous owner all the time.

For the same reason I’d never get anything from a pawn shop. Imagine some poor sad soul having to hock their own jewelry for cash.

2 Likes

Eek! I hadn’t thought of that one. Lice and nits.
I think they wash them all first though.

1 Like

I’m surprised at that…considering you live in a pig sty!!..:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

You’ve seen me with a mudpack on haven’t you … that’s to make me beautiful.

1 Like

No, l wouldn’t buy clothes from a charity shop as charity shops have a funny, weird smell.
I’d also worry that the person died whilst wearing them!!

1 Like

I used to buy clothes from Op Shops when I was younger but rarely do now however I do visit them on a regular basis to browse their electric, electronic and hardware areas. I have noticed that a couple of them now have racks labelled “Vintage”.

Presumably these racks are for people like Annabel Crabb who has a penchant for clothes from the 1940/50s

For myself I wear the identical clothes all the time - white T shirt, denim shorts or jeans and Dunlop KTX joggers. No fashion decisions to be made and nobody notices what a 70+ year old wears anyway, we are invisible.

1 Like

We’ve bought clothes and coats from charity shops but never shoes, not even new ones because of the risk of catching verrucas.

1 Like

I don’t buy clothing or shoes I would be too concerned about who owned them before… have bought Books though and toys I’ve bought loads of them I bring them home and soak them in a Dettol solution not soft toys though I wouldn’t buy those

1 Like

I have never worried about catching anything, to date I never have…boots and shoes from charity shops, those shoes must have cost a fortune brand new.