Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has just gone in to address backbench MPs on the 1922 Committee

He’ll be hoping to get a better reception than Liz Truss got in this room recently - where she faced a barrage of criticism from her own MPs, heavily briefed out afterwards to the media, unhappy with her budget that the chancellor has now mostly reversed.

We’ll have to wait to find out what that’s about … :069:

@Omah ,. Probably wantsmthem to change the rules ? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

We think alike … :+1:

:slightly_smiling_face:

I do hope he resigns, stating how impossible it is to work with a fickle fliphead.

2 Likes

Disappointing:

Away from Downing Street for a moment, new chancellor Jeremy Hunt has just finished addressing backbench Tory MPs.

There wasn’t a big turnout of Tory MPs in the room, though one left saying they were “very happy”.

A government source said his principal message was about how the party needed to unite, and how he needs to “balance” the pressures on spending and tax.

They added it was a “good reception” with about “five or six rounds” of table banging - the traditional sign of approval in Westminster circles.

Keeping the troops happy … :man_shrugging:

T’other way round I think Dex, Jeremy is your new PM now, he is calling the shots while Liz has turned into an embarrassing wallflower and scapegoat.

3 Likes

Exactly. The man who managed a whole 18 votes in the first round of Tory leader selection. The least number of MP supported him. And he is now the de facto PM with the hollowed out Truss as his fall guy to take the flack. Un-bleedin-believable.

3 Likes

I really do wonder how many turned down the offer before Hunt, citing “not touching you nor the job with a bargepole” as a valid reason to themselves (and hopefully some saying it to her)

2 Likes

Is there not 20+ good men & women left in the conservative party to become cabinet ministers .
It would seem tories have nothing left but the dregs ,buffoons, liars and cheats. What next :scream:

1 Like

Do we NEED a Prime minister ?

1 Like

Not really Kazz. They don’t seem to be in charge anymore. We should ask Biden or the WEF (World Economic Forum) who will be the next PM, because they already know…

Quite likely. Very sadly

1 Like

The trouble with such conspiracy theories is that they sound almost plausible until you remind yourself of the car crash that is the current government and tory party. Then you think - if this is the way the secret cabal organise the route to their PM of choice then they are really, really bad at organising stuff. And a global power elite ought to be a bit more, well, effective. Otherwise they are no threat at all. Just a bunch of old men moaning about stuff over a glass of sherry.

Its not the fault of the secret cabal Strath, the conservative party members keep getting it wrong and don’t read or understand the memo…Don’t worry though, they will keep going through PM’s until they get it right.

Just for the record, never signed up for Global, but, it hasn’t failed the none consenters . :blush:

I don’t know why they are not copying HIGNFY and Pointless and having a different guest lead each week…

1 Like