Cataract surgery

Cheers Twink, but I have it covered now, daughter will be driving

1 Like

That’s great news Vlad.

That’s great and I didn’t have that.

That is good Vlad. Just try not to cry because your daughter wont be able to drive & comfort you at the same time! :laughing:
I cant wait to hear that both you and my sister have improved vision & are glad you agreed to this op !

1 Like

Neither can i, my vision improved quite a lot. I’ve always wore glasses and after the opp I only needed reading glasses at the moment. Never thought until a friend told me when going for check up with the optician and have glasses check yourself if you really need glasses. The opticians tried to get me to have long distance glasses when i didn’t really need them, at the moment. He said should have them if i drive but i don’t.

Ahh I was onlu just wondering about that, I currently have varifocals, I guess I will need another eye test after the surgery

1 Like

Yes Vlad. My friend who had it done said you have to wait so long after the op for everything to settle, then get another eye test and sort the new lenses out.

This is why they are sending my sister. She went to get her eyes tested & her opticians said she needed this op before they could prescribe. She only has a problem with one eye & usually wears contact lenses, so we have no idea how long it will take or how they will deal with it
 but the majority of people say they are glad they had the op!

1 Like

Hi

I think you are all very brave.

I cannot cope with anything to do with eyes. I don’t gag or wince with COVID swabs.

I have needles stuck in me several times a day, my veins have collapsed so they are taking blood from my feet and am fine with it.

I am a complete wimp when it comes to eyes, its a general anesthesia job

1 Like

Yes you will need another eyetest after 6 weeks I think it was and have it checked to see if it was ok after surgery. On the assessment examination i was asked if i wanted long or short distance lenses, i went for the long distance because I didn’t want to wear glasses. Before i had 2 pairs one for reading.

Thanks for that, I guess I will be getting the long distance option and get a prescription for reading.

1 Like

Thank you, i thought like that but there’s nothing to worry about, but if you’re too nervous you can have general anaesthetic.

At Spar Medica don’t have to have a needle in the eye, it’s all drops and a very tiny tablet they put in under the lower eyelid and then they take it out.
It all depends on which hospital you have to go to, i was given a choice of local hospital but that was a longer wait time.

Your welcome, wasn’t you ask what sort you wanted?

Not yet, I am doing the post op assessment on Wednesday next week so I am assuming that all these points will be addressed

My sister just got back from her pre op & they have said that both eyes need doing, but one is worse than the other.
She has always had poor eyesight and contact lenses since her early teens, but they are now saying that she should be able to see without them, but sometimes have to wear reading glasses.
After the op she is not allowed to bend over for a couple of weeks
so I may have to tie a plank to her back! :smiley:
She seems less worried about the op since she has been given all the info, so I hope that makes you feel better too!

1 Like

Yes they should do that and good luck, not that you need it.

That’s great news, I was told that i could bend over to do my shoes up, but hubby wouldn’t let me, so he did them. Also washing my hair, i had to wait to do that after 2 weeks.

Thanks for that Twink

1 Like

I think that we would all be scared about having the op but, when you hear from people who have been through it, they are pleased they had the op and you don’t hear many horror stories.
It seems it only takes around 15 mins, so try to focus on something nice , like your grand children , or maybe a favourite dinner that your wife will cook when you get home. I often think of making a new end to a well known film , when I feel stressed, and it takes your mind off what is happening !

1 Like

Twink might I ask, purely because I was looking at Spar Medica yesterday ,did the optician suggest it or did she ask ?
Because I live alone ,no one close I can ask to help me except one who has refused purely because he thinks I don’t need the op ,I was thinking of booking a week’s respite care afterwards somewhere close to my home .