Cataract surgery

Thank you Percy_Vere

When are they to be done?
Soon, I hope.

Yes it should be next Monday at 12.30. thanks

I might have a small problem though, Iā€™ve got a cold sore come up on my lower lip and Iā€™m worried that they wonā€™t do it. But I should get a phone call from them to see if Iā€™m well.

I wouldnā€™t have expect so but yes, you should check.
Let us know!

2 Likes

When I had my 2nd eye seen to, there was a lady with a blip on her mouth and all they did was lightly cover it and her op went ahead :+1: Herpes simplex is very common and hospitals must be used to dealing with such situations.

1 Like

Thank you @Besoeker and @LongDriver thatā€™s put my mind at ease and yes Iā€™ll let you both know.

1 Like

Hi, I had a phone call for my cataract surgery to see if I was well and I told them about my cold sore, they said that it had to be cancelled, they donā€™t operate with open wounds and that is classed as one.
But thanks @Besoeker and @LongDriver for your help.

2 Likes

That sounds more like a way of quickly reducing their list. It could so easily be covered and then your first eye worked on because it is only spread by direct contact. It could take many weeks for the herpes simplex eruption to completely clear up. Itā€™s a pity they donā€™t realise (or choose to ignore) that nearly all of the population carry the HSV1 virus just waiting for an excuse to break out. Most of us become infected as a child and then it usually remains dormant, but still within our body. . I feel for you.

1 Like

Thank you and yes I think that they could have but thatā€™s how it goes.i hope that I still can go at the next date.

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s a complete bugger for you Logan. Do you use any antiviral cream on your cold sores, like Zovirax or equivalent?

2 Likes

Hello Loganā€¦
Sorry only just spotted thisā€¦Hope you get that over with soonā€¦
Husband sometimes will have a breakout of a cold sore, seems to be connected with stressful timesā€¦maybe or maybe not.?
ā€¦I have never caught one from him in all the years he has had the virusā€¦I think it sits in your cheeks thoughā€¦ :innocent:ā€¦

1 Like

Thank you Percy and yes Iā€™ve got Zovirax

1 Like

Hello Dianne and thanks, glad that you donā€™t get it.
Yes itā€™s always there and waiting for the opportunity to come out when the person is down I know that Iā€™ve been having ear ache and my throat felt a bit painful on the right side and the cold sore is on that side.I had one about a year ago and it had to choose now to come out.
Surgery will be on the Friday 12th of November.

1 Like

They wouldnā€™t have admitted you to hospital here either, nothing to do with the pandemic just NSW Health dept policy for decades. Any rash, cuts or wounds would stop admission.

1 Like

@Bruce Hubby decided to go private to have his hernia repair surgery and he was told not to shave himself, just incase he scratched the skin.

Yes having an eye operation is scary I should know because they removed my eyeball to place a stint behind it. Like you the eyedrops killed any pain and they covered up the other eye so I had no idea what was happening. It surprised me as well how quick it was done, I had to wear an eye patch for a couple of week afterward to stop the eye being rubbed.

1 Like

Wow!! That must upset your balance etc or do they somehow stop the removed eye from seeing where it is?

2 Likes

Didnā€™t see a thing through it . Sue said on the way home one eye was looking around while the one operated on didnā€™t move. Balance not affected

1 Like

I didnā€™t think that they could do things like that.

Oh yes, if you have glaucoma it is one way to reduce the pressure behind the eye.

1 Like