Can you share your best Sandwich/Roll ever?

With ingredients?
1 slice each of Brown/White Bread, 1 cup shredded Chicken, 1 Avocado, Sliced, Diced Tomato, Diced Red Onion, Garlic Sauce, Chopped Fresh Chilli, Salt to taste.

1 Like

These steaks aren’t exactly top of the range but surprisingly good for £2.70

5057172191246_T1

My son fries them up and puts them in a largish sesame bap with salad and whatever else takes his fancy in the way of mustard, sauces, seasoning etc.
Probably not ideal for breakfast every day though :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t beat a steak roll /baguette :baguette_bread:

1 Like

I have a thing about thickly buttered golden syrup sandwiches :kissing_heart:
Oh and marmite ,tomato and salad cream sandwich :wink:

Both very healthy :joy:

1 Like

I like a nice Potted meat Cob .

2 Likes

The best sandwich that stuck in my memory as a well filled salt beef humongous job in a pub called The Two Chairman (Dartmouth St) around 40yrs ago, just around the corner from Birdcage Walk Westminster and a swift search has informed me the pub is still standing and doing business.

1 Like

2 slices of wholemeal bread,buttered with ham,beef tomatoes,lettuce a little coleslaw.mmmmm

1 Like

simply corned beef and tomato…

1 Like

Best sandwich was Woolworths roast beef with au jus on a soft bun. I can only remember those three ingredients, meat, sauce, bun.

1 Like

Houmous & légumes grillés | Hummus & roasted vegetables (red pepper and aubergine) with rocket and fresh mint with an olive oil dressing.

1 Like

Sure. My absolute favourite sandwich is this:

I foot long sub type bun / oatmeal

• real mayonnaise
  • sliced turkey breast
  • sliced havarti cheese
  • a few bacon slices cooked well
  • fresh avocado slices
  • tomato slices
  • hot peppers
  • a few sliced olives
  • thinly sliced red onion

A touch of herbed oil dressings

2 Likes

It certainly is. I was there last summer to retrace places I knew when I worked nearby in London. As always in London it gets mad busy from 5pm but I’d a swift pint mid afternoon and it was very pleasant. I think its just round the corner from St Anne’s gate, site of the Iranian embassy siege back in 1980.
Oh forgot me sandwich. Corned beef.

2 Likes

I just had a regular ole ham and cheese for lunch . Now I have sandwich envy. :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry to say the C word in August but I love a Christmas Sandwich…:sandwich:

I’m going to miss being at work this year cos we always had a competition to find which supermarket or sandwich shop did the best version…same with mince pies

The Marks and Spencer’s one is always grand, but last year Philpotts took the prize

So that’s roast turkey, cumberland sausage, honey roasted parsnip, with crispy bacon bits, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mixed leaves and mayo on brown bread baked with toasted oatmeal in it

1 Like

Now that is a hearty sandwich. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’ really is extra special and only eaten a few times a year. Usually after a holiday when there is lots of extra turkey. Adding it onto sub rolls is great for storing away in the fridge for later.

1 Like