Camped Out In the Woods to Find Lost Dog

A story with a happy ending from fireworks. But what a horrible time for all involved. :flushed: :astonished:

4 Likes

I read that earlier and to be honest Id do same for my dogsā€¦ Luckly Ive spaniels and are not bothered by noise not even fireworks but do think its time for changes about fireworks

1 Like

I was just reading the story and was about to start a thread when the bot brought up yours ā€¦ :+1:

Four-year-old beagle Millie escaped from her garden in Peterhead after being scared by a firework on Bonfire Night.

Owners Jon Mitchell, 41, and Jonathan Stephen, 27, used heat sensors, drones and midnight barbecues throughout the Blackhill fields to lure her back.

On Wednesday she was spotted in a field and they were finally reunited.

PS Iā€™ve added ā€œLost Dogā€ to the title and tags so that more FMs may spot your heartwarming thread ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lovely story with a happy ending

1 Like

I read this story too and it made me smile. I would do the same without question. So glad they were all reunited - dogs are family. :dog:

2 Likes

So glad they found her ā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s wonderful. Fireworks are a huge problem here.

1 Like

So glad the dog was found.
I have said for years that fireworks should be banned from public ownership & only properly organised firework displays be legal, but nothing has been done about it, despite many petitions I have signed over the years nothing has happened.

2 Likes

Living in Scotland, there has been an actual ban on fireworks, unless itā€™s a licensed event or under strictly controlled conditions. However, we canā€™t fix stupid, and still the idiots throw bangers around and have random fireworks going off close to me in the hills. Despite many calls and emails to the police on 101, and Police Scotlandā€¦not one thing has been done about it, and all the pets, babies, older people and wildlife will get terrified year after year.

2 Likes

So do I. There are a few dogs around here. People keep them in doors if there are fireworks ours included.

1 Like

I always pop Dageus out the back around 5.30pm before anything kicks off. Dunc gets his two pals to come over and the 3 of them spend the evening in the stable with the Clydeā€™s, keeping them calm while I do the same in the house with Dagues.

Lovely story! Reminds me of something Rocky did once.

Rocky was actually not spooked by fireworks, but one day we were out with his best friend (who was a Beagle!) and who was afraid of fireworks, so I asked his owner if she wanted us to walk them home to help put her dog at ease and she said yes. So we did, however on the way back home we went through a narrow street just outside a football pitch ā€¦where they started having a firework display!! Due to the acoustics of the street it sounded like bombs were going off and it frightened Rocky, luckily I had a firm grip on his lead so he couldnā€™t scarper off. He probably wore is pads off trying tho!

After that day Rocky hated loud bangs and one day on our walk some sort of large steel pipe fell somewhere in the distance and it sounded like a firework - Rocky was off lead as we were on a track away from the road, and shot off! :icon_eek:

He was too fast for me to catch him and when I got to the road the lollipop lady said he ran in the direction of our house, and when I got home there he was sitting outside the front door wagging his tail when he saw me! He definitely gave me a bit of a heart-attack, but Iā€™m glad he knew his way back home.

3 Likes

Did he have to cross the road ? Ours has done similar but very early in the morning and there was no traffic about :slight_smile:

1 Like

He had to cross one yes, and from what I was told he ran in the road anyway :icon_rolleyes: luckily the same side as the traffic and even more luckily he was probably only on it for about 30 seconds as weā€™re not far from the start of the track. He only ever did it once - thank goodness! :lol:

1 Like