Burglar jailed had to defend himself caught on CCTV police able to identfy him

Flock of angry seagulls attack burglar trying to raid house.

Casey McDonnell, 40, from Blackpool, was captured on security cameras as he crept around a home in North Drive at 4.15am on Saturday, July 30.

In the footage, he can be seen smirking to himself as he climbs over a fence and into the back garden where he attempts to gain access to the home.

McDonnell appeared at Blackpool Magistrates’ today (Monday, August 8) where the prosecution played the footage to the court.

After viewing the video, McDonnell – who was on licence from prison at the time of his offence – pleaded guilty to attempted burglary.

He was jailed for 12 weeks and must pay £239 cost

The court heard how McDonnell has a long criminal record which includes more than two dozen previous burglary offences.

You’ll need to post that in full as my security blocked my progress together with my adblocker being detected by the site.

Mine too

He started panicking at the sight of the gulls who proceeded to launch a sustained aerial assault.

Fled the scene in terror, flailing his arms in a desperate bid to protect his face from their beaks.

3 Likes

The gulls are the same around here and people STILL feed the sky rats🤬

This unfortunate individual woke them up. :laughing:

Gulls were probably protecting their young. I only wish they had been carrying baseball bats and given the thieving scumbag a real hammering. Obviously, prison hasn’t worked on this creature. Can you train gulls to use baseball bats? I would subscribe to that.

1 Like