Building Our Sun Lounge

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

OH died, Drew went to America & my Son was the gopher, sorry not possible, Azz. :grinning:

1 Like

Aw sorry I missed that part of one of your posts *hug

I will just have to admire yours then Tiff :smiley:

1 Like

That looks great Tiff, I wouldn’t mind that on my house 
 hint hint! :grin:

2 Likes

It wasn’t built big enough, sadly, no room for son to cue around the table, we had it as a darts room originally, the dart board is still up, but we don’t play darts any more.

1 Like

It doesn’t look so nice now, Azz, what with smoking in it & the passage of time. They built it in the 1980’s

1 Like

We’ll all have to pop round and have one of those ‘painting parties’ Tiff (to help redecorate not get drunk - tho there’s usually a bit of that involved :lol:)

2 Likes

You could have a darts party, that’s what we used to have. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m impressed.

2 Likes

Well done to your fella and the lads Tiff. it looks terrific. :wink:

2 Likes

Many thanks to both of you, Morticia & Jem.

1 Like

I’m jealous Tiff - on two counts -
One that you’ve got a sun lounge to sit in and enjoy,
And two you didn’t have to pay a company to put it up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

I really miss my conservatory I had put up in the other house. It was so relaxing being in there. I remember one time sat in there one summer evening in the dark posting on my last forum, and a fox scared the living daylights out of me peering in at me through the open door :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I use mine as a room, spend a lot of time in it. OH should have made it bigger though. It’s oblong not square. The length of the house, but he could have gone bigger on the long side where the garden is. We have the door on the left short side, like a proper back door, no french windows in it. It gets very warm in Summer & very cold in Winter, but it’s my room. :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh yes I remember the stifling heat in the summer - it was south facing.
Totally the opposite in winter
 absolutely bloody freezing!

If I’d had a particularly long dash around, meet myself backwards day, it was sheer heaven to get back home, sit in there put my feet up, cuppa at the side and enjoy

:sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s a nice job. There are certain things that I consider to be Black Arts. Bricklaying and plastering being two of them.

1 Like

Mine faces South too.

Thanks, Fruitcake. OH was good at DIY & he was a sheet metal fabricator too by trade. Hence the steel surround of the sun lounge. He built that at work too, like a flat pack. :grinning:

Sun rooms seem a very English thing, my old man built one on the back of our house in Folkestone in the 1950s, it’s greenhouse for humans isn’t it?

1 Like

I guess that is exactly what they are. The modern detached houses have them already built in & some are spectacular. Ours is a modest size, mainly it was for our dart board originally.

Im from Scotland what’s this sun thing you talk about 

seriously great job well done

1 Like

Thanks Caveman, OH did do a good job & at a fraction of the cost of a bought & erected one.