Brown crabs mesmerised by underwater power cables for renewable energy sources

@PixieKnuckles , The same reason for most things Pixie !
CAPITALISM !!!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

2 Likes

Ok not sure this is relevant or not but as I had crab and lobster pots in the water this year I would like to say that as a teenager 40 years ago i used lobster/crab pots and the catch was a very high percentage brown crab and you were very lucky to catch a lobster This year I got one brown crab and lost count of lobsters Ive asked people who pot for a living and they are the same, they all say same thing and thats the rise in temperature of the sea, lobsters are thriving and one of the lobsters main food is ā€¦brown crab!
I only have 2 pots and anything I catch is for myself

2 Likes

Thatā€™s really interestingā€¦!

1 Like

Using the crabs as a reference, could this phenomena explain
the dysfunction of human society today ??
Due to the huge amount of UHF and vhf radiation that is now
present in our everyday environment ??
Donkeyman! :thinking:

Great minds think alike, donkeyman.
Thats exactly what i was thinking too.

I remember years ago I had a mobile phone i couldnt use, because it used to burn the side my face and ear. Even sent it back to the makers and told them.
They are supposed to have checked it and they said it was all ok, but it still burnt me and made my cheek bone ache and hurt. I had to ditch it in the end.
Never had that problem before or since, so that was a bad 'un.
I do not believe all this technology around us is harmless at all.

1 Like

@Mups , Well they do use radio therapy to kill cancer cells Mups !!
So it is pretty potent ??We appear to have a high incidence of
mental health issues too ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

. . . . And cancers.
Cancers are now common in our animals too.
Got to be a reason for it.

1 Like

Medical treatment means people and animals are living longer and cancers are a mutation of old age.

Ionising radiation only occurs at and above the frequency of ultra violet so it is also incorrect for people to compare cancer killing radiation with the radiation at UHF/ VHF or 5G frequencies

Medical treatment means people and animals are living longer and cancers are a mutation of old age.

Sorry, cant agree with that Bruce, because young people and animals get cancer too, it doesnt just happen in old age at all.

That is true but only a very small percentage of the young population gets cancer and is there any evidence that this is increasing as a percentage? there are many paintings from the Renaissance showing young people with obvious cancer symptoms so it could well be that diagnosis is better because of medical improvements

That is a fact Mups for sureā€¦old age is not the criteria, people should know those
facts

All cancers combined incidence rates have increased overall in all broad age groups in females and males combined in the UK since the early 1990s.[1-4] Rates in 0-24s have increased by 19%, in 25-49s have increased by 22%, in 50-74s have increased by 13% and in 75+s have increased by 9%.

That is incorrect. Old age most certainly is the main criteria for a cancer diagnosis.

It is also true to say that improvements in medical treatment have enabled people who would have previously died before reaching breeding age are now living longer and are passing on defective genes to their offspring bypassing a facet of evolution

1 Like

Thankyou for that Dianne.

I do know there are many, many dogs with cancers now too, and not all elderley dogs either.

Guess your quotes are not as my quotes. I do try to quote good linksā€¦but at the end of the day we can only go by what we read and hearā€¦I dont need to be right or wrong actually.
What is obvious there is more incidents of Cancers.

Years ago we had one in the familyā€¦as time has passed not many have not had Cancer.

Grandadā€™s
Father
Sister
Daughter

Years ago we had one incident of Cancer with a family member
Now looking back
Grand dad Lung Cancer
Grand dad Bladder Cancer

Father Stomach Cancer

Sister Breast Cancer

Daughter Breast Cancer

@Bruce , havenā€™t you just contradicted your earlier assertion
cancer IS age related Brucy ??
I put it to you that cancer is endemic to the human race ??
And is exacerbated by over crowding amongst other things ??
Donkeyman! :+1::thinking::thinking::+1:

@Donkeyman Do you think its got anything to do with or immune system and additives put in food etc like when we were young if you dropped a sweet on floor you gave it quick rub and ate it not now everything is much more surgically clean tablets or pills for sniffles or a headache not the sameā€¦
lifestyle has completely changed I think its got alot to do with it

Hardly contradicts it Assman, the median age for cancer diagnosis is 66, a few people passing on defective genes is hardly likely to change that in the short term but what the long term effect is I donā€™t know.

With cancer rates for under 20s at 0.02% and for the over 60s at 1% that isnā€™t likely to change much.

As for whether cancer is endemic I guess that is a finding from the University of the Bleeding Obvious as regards any reproducing organism whether human or not. Mutation is an essential ingredient of evolution.

I wonder how many people with microwave ovens have ever considered they might leak?

2 Likes

Not meā€¦thanks for planting that radioactive seed in my mind now! :astonished:

1 Like

BHP used to lend its employees a detector specifically for the purpose of detecting leaks from microwave ovens.

It is a bit of a furphy really, I donā€™t think any one found their microwave leaked radiation to any degree, they would have to be very severely damaged to do so and any leakage is subject to the inverse square law.

From memory I think the wavelength used in microwaves is just over 12cm (2.4Ghz ish), in fact the first indication that it was leaking badly would be a disruption to your WiFi.