British Grand Prix

"2022 British Grand Prix: Watch all angles of multi-car crash at Silverstone race start" DRIVER OK

@Cinderella , Yeah, a dramatic start wasnt it !!
The last twenty laps were up to yhe best moto GP standards involving
several cars contesting for podium places!!
Hamilton had a good race after a long drought of poor results, it. looks like
he may may be capable of making a come back ??
Donkeyman! :+1::hugs::+1:

Dramatic, I had to switch off, thought the worst. Watched TT races in Isle of Man, whilst on holiday, terrified at the speed they were travelling.

Silverstone is not that far away from me, and they were saying on the local news a few days ago, that the organisers were very concerned because they’d had tip-offs that those nutters who glue themselves to roads were going to be at the track!

They said they very worried about it with the cars doing 200 mph round the track.
Imagine the carnage that could cause.

@Cinderella , You went to see the TT ??!!
Those guys are complete nutters,even though they dont actually race
each other!!
130 mph average speed !! Unbelievable !!
Lucky you !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

@Mups , lf they had done it, they would have done us all a favour Mups !
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi Donkey, I assume you mean if the superglue lot got squashed?
Only thing wrong with that is, all the innocents that a crash at that speed would take with them.

1 Like

These guys must be the worlds worst drivers, they all go one way on a damn great wide road, and even then they either crash into each other or smash the car, which by the way is built to fit them, into the side of the road.
Surely this must be a case of having them banned from ever driving on the public highway as they are a menace behind a wheel

It was not planned, we booked holiday for the horse trams and steam railway. They are certifiable, did not enjoy it for a moment.

1 Like

Not surprised. It’s a horrible place with nothing to do. Dreadfully overpriced and the hotel we stayed in, supposedly the best was dirty and reception smelled of stale urine. The motorcycle racing should be banned. The race track is positively lethal and totally unsuitable for modern high performance motorbikes. Quite literally a bloodsport.

The most exciting race I’ve seen for a long while. I was glad to hear that the Chinese driver (Zhou) avoided serious injury.
Hamilton looks like he finally has got a decent motor under him and I hope to see him start giving Verstappen a run for his money.
The driver of the day for me was Perez, after suffering some damage and ending up next to last, he fought his way through and ended up with a podium finish, amazing driver, and to think nobody wanted to give him a seat last year…
Alonso has always been my favourite driver, and still keeps plugging away to finish 5th.
Put him in a Mercedes and I’m sure he would be a regular visitor to the podium…
Sainz first win after 150 races…Boy done good…
Race details

Date: Sun, 3 Jul, 15:00

Track: Silverstone Circuit

Race recap · 7:17

ResultsFinal

Pos Driver Time Pts
1 Spain C. Sainz Jr.

Ferrari

·

#55|2:17:50.311|25||
|2|Mexico|S. Pérez

Red Bull