Brexit benefits - where are they?

I voted to remain but accept the vote didn’t go my way. I genuinely would like to know what benefits has the UK gained from leaving the EU? Any benefits, social, economic or political.

This is not supposed to be controversial but suspect it might be.

4 Likes

@Baxter18 , A pointless question Baxter as Brexit has not been completed
yet ! How can you judge an unfinished article ?
As you probably know we have still to resolve the protocol issue and the fishing
issue has been deferred so far into the future that l doubt our leaders
have the stomach to ever face up to it ?? :-1::roll_eyes::-1:

1 Like

being able to stick two fingers up to foreign countries in Europe at those who want to take over and control everything, ie France

1 Like

Hi

I did not vote leave for financial or immigrants from the EU.

I voted leave because I did not want further integration.

2 Likes

That’s an easy one…

Zero, zilch, zip, nil, nought, nothing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Lots of disadvantages though, and more hardship to come

And the blame lies with those who pushed for it out of self-interest and those who voted for it

6 Likes

nada :laughing:

3 Likes

I voted to remain .
However I believe the U.K. got access to covid vaccine quicker than if we had remained .
I’m sure someone will put me right if the wasn’t the case.
Other than that I think of other pluses just minuses.

1 Like

What Maree said^^ (although I would blame those who voted for it a little less than those who lied/manipulated everyone to vote for it)

5 Likes

The people were misled by boris and co, even truss was a remainer, the people voted to stop freedom of movement, and more money for the nhs, neither of which has happened,

3 Likes

I haven’t experienced any benefits yet, just disadvantages and uncertainty at present.

I’m still “watching this space” to see what happens - the whole world has suffered because of the Covid pandemic, so it’s difficult to separate out which bits of UK’s problems to lay at COVID’s door and which bits to lay at BREXIT’s door - and which bits to lay at the door of the previous and current PM.
All I know is that we seem to be lurching from one crisis to the next and our economy seems to be going from bad to worse at present - the last fiscally reckless gamble has left me wide-eyed with incredulity.
I’m worried. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@Primus1 ," people voted for more money for NHS :etc "
WRONG!!None of that was on the ballot !!
What was on the ballot was to leave the EU !
Get over it ! :-1::worried::worried::-1:

2 Likes

@Azz , Read my answer to Primus !!
Get over it !!
There are much bigger things to worry about ??
:-1::worried::-1:

2 Likes

Donks, I am over it, I voted remain but accept the outcome, although the nhs money might not have been on the ballot paper, it was much shouted about by boris, that we’d have £350 million a week extra for the nhs after we left,

4 Likes

The ballot paper said:

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Boris, who wrote jokey anti EU newspaper articles up until this time, was a remainer. He changed sides last minute with an extensively flashy & hugely expensive campaign with a bus claiming the NHS would get an extra £350M per week. These words were as essential as the wording on the ballot paper.

5 Likes

It’s just as I thought, there really doesn’t seem to be a single benefit to our leaving the EU but quite a few disadvantages. Even dopey Rees-Mogg who was put in charge of “leave” benefits could only point to the erection of a new sign on one of the London tunnels.

Given the economic news over the last couple of days I truly feel threatened by the situation our country is in.

I firmly believe that no one over the age of 60 should have been permitted a vote in the referendum, it wasn’t their future. Controversial I know.

I’m not sure how we’re supposed “to get over it” when it truly is an utter catastrophe and is expectedto get a whole lot worse. My only hope is that the UK rejoins in years to come even if it is in a much more subservient role than the very powerful role enjoyed by us when a full member.

3 Likes

Agree.

Problem is, if you mention the b word on here, expect to see angry villagers with torches and pitchforks out for blood😀

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much!!! Almost like they really don’t want to admit it was a god awful mistake despite all the evidence pointing that way.

Anyway mustn’t linger on it, it is what it is.

I don’t think our generation will be paying the price and that does upset me. Our grandchildren will be paying for Brexi, covid, Ukraine and now the jaw dropping policies of Kwasi and Liz.

3 Likes

@d00d Says who ? I agree Boris was never a leaver , and at that time there
was not one one single political party that supported the result of the
referendum , the Tories were set on diverting us from a “proper”;Brexit by
any means ! Boris succeeded in this, and remainers should be grateful
to him ? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Baxter18 , You are confusing several totally seperate issues in your desperate
attempt to prove Brexit a disaster, even at this late date. The hysteria is
palpable!! :-1::-1:

1 Like