Bowel cancer screening - do you think it’s worth participating?

So you can practice Mups…:043:

Do it! If you get offered the test don’t refuse it. My eldest son (57) has just been declared free of his bowel cancer after a full year of treatment including both Chemo and Radiotherapy. The effects and after effects of the treatment were far worse than the cancer itself. Never assume because you have no symptoms that don’t have the disease. By the time you are displaying symptoms it could well be too late. Please don’t be one of those that think " It won’t happen to me I feel too well"

I did it the other week like you say its a bit unpleasant but coukd save our lives. My uncle Bobby died aged 66 of bowel cancer.

A kit?

What are you supposed to do with that? (just curious!)

Here one goes to see a gastroenterologist and will have to submit to the ´extended harbour-tour´;-), or the internal camera surveillance.

And, people, believe me, go for it! If possible, depending on the country you live in and the insurance, do it once a year!

It saved my life.

Here one is delcared ´cured´ five years after. Every three months for a check-up, after a year every six months until five years. If nothing happened one is cured.

Ys,the side effects are nasty, but…the side-effects are not deadly, colon cancer is.

Wise words, EZ.
So glad your son was a survivor.

Mucky pup. :lol:

So you don’t think it is junk mail and bin it, perhaps?

To whom does one apply? GP or Hospital?

The test kits are a lot easier these days - they’ve changed from the lolly-stick design to what looks like one of those small brushes that you use to clean between the gaps in your teeth. Just stick in a stool sample, put it into the supplied vial, and send it back.

Tabs, it’s a freephone helpline here, but not sure if the same number would apply in your area? Worth a try though.
It is the Bowel Screen Programme Hub in Nottingham.

0800 707 60 60
Mon - Frid 9am till 5 pm.

Having said that, that info was in their letter before all the covid panic, but I would have thought it’s still the same?

I didn’t know that. Yes, it certainly has changed then, and sounds easier, as you say.
Ta Judsy. :slight_smile:

So that you can practise your poo catching techniques? :shock::smiley:

No more poo sticks since I turned 75. Never had any signs of bowel cancer in all the years I did the test.

You’re as bad as Foxy, Annie.
Mucky buggers. :lol: :wink:

Just checked - it is the same number for everywhere. Will contact them in the morning. Thank you for the information.

You’re welcome, Tabs.
Good luck. :slight_smile:

Oh, BTW, it says to have your NHS number ready to quote.

Mups the men have years of experience in aiming for a target.
Why do you think most air pilots are male, it’s a lifelong obsession to land on the X (or is it the G spot!). :smiley:

Most definitely the ‘G Spot’ Annie…:lol: I can land on it with my eyes closed…:cool:

Oh! Judd! are you saying that they are not for flossing?..:blush: I thought there was a lot of debris in my gaps…:017: I must have picked up Mrs Fox’s used one by mistake…:shock: