Boris survives!

I think he did but he didn’t cut the mustard. :grinning:

Chinese influence.

Mmmm, I don’t think it’s whinging to demand that a lying, corrupt PM who broke the law and lied to Parliament about it, bring disgrace to the integrity of our country and the office of PM is thrown out on his ear

It’s not school and he’s not a naughty kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar

So apology doesn’t cut it, even if it was a sincere apology, which it isn’t :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

And the only decent option for him is to resign. Which he won’t do because he’s not decent

‘course all the Johnson fans would love us to shut up and put it to bed to let him off the hook.

But it ain’t going to happen until the right thing is done :rofl:

He’s proved himself a hypocritical liar who is unfit to lead our country, that’s not exactly showing the world how a Parliament should behave, is it?

So the way we should show the world how a Parliament should behave is to throw him out in disgrace to show we don’t tolerate lying, law-breaking, corrupt cheats in our Parliament

1 Like

In a fiery clash with Sir Keir Starmer at Prime Minister’s Questions, Mr Johnson insisted he was “getting on with the job” following a revolt among his own MPs.

But Sir Keir mocked Mr Johnson’s damaged standing among his own MPs, saying he was not sure whether he had heard “cheers or boos” from the Tory benches as he took to the despatch box.

‘Famous last words’ from BJ - there are at least THREE hurdles he has to overcome before year-end … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A Conservative peer advising Liz Truss in the Foreign Office has been forced to resign after a scathing attack on Boris Johnson.

Former City banker and Brexiteer Baroness Helena Morrissey, the lead non-executive director of the department, has quit after suggesting the prime minister should step down as he is “in the wrong job”.

Morrissey told Andrew Marr on LBC Radio on Tuesday: “Wavering MPs, when they saw the booing of the prime minister outside St Paul’s, they would see that he had actually become a liability rather than an asset.”

Asked whether she wanted Johnson “to carry on as prime minister”, she replied: “In all honesty, I would rather he didn’t. I don’t see any contrition. He said, ‘we will bash on’. That’s not what we want to hear. Tax cuts one minute after we’ve raised them, that’s not going to help.”

She said she hoped that Johnson would be able to “go with dignity”, adding: “He’s a very talented person, he’s just in the wrong job.”

The lines are being drawn … :hocho: