Boris Johnson took official jet home from weekend with family in Cornwall

Yes you are … you’re always banging on about Sir Keir’s bottle of beer in Durham … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Pixie that might be your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but that’s not my opinion, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

That’s fine wendeey…I really don’t want to fall out over it :hugs:

I’ve said on numerous occasions I don’t give a damn about Partygate or Beergate, it’s the hypocrisy I can’t stand, when people will condemn Boris, but won’t condemn Keir Starmer for doing the same thing.

I’ve said why should they be any different to the rest of us who broke the rules.

Me neither :hugs:

Sir Keir didn’t do “the same thing” … BJ and his staff committed a litany of offences (some discovered, some yet to be discovered) … :scream_cat:

… and Sir Keir’s not Prime Minister, living at No 10 … yet … :wink:

1 Like

What is the point of having Ministerial Codes of Conduct and Rules about what Ministers can spend taxpayers money on if Ministers can break them and nobody challenges them for fear of seeming “petty” - the cost to the taxpayer of using that Government plane is hardly “petty cash”

3 Likes

The police only fined Boris for one thing. And I’ve posted enough things about St Keir on other threads to show he’s not such a saint as he wants us to believe.

Good gawd No 10 have already said their side of the story. If anything needs to be investigated there are plenty of scrutiny committees to do that. And they’re all on the Government site to watch.

Indeed … it’s expensive:

A second official VIP “Brexit jet” painted in Union flag livery will cost taxpayers up to £75m over the next five years after it was sourced via the same company in charge of Britain’s Covid hotel quarantine system.

The Cabinet Office yesterday confirmed the £15m per annum cost of the 11-month-old Airbus A321 which is to be used to ferry Prime Minister Boris Johnson, senior ministers and the Royal Family on official engagements around the globe.

The jet, which would have cost just £79m over its lifetime if bought outright from Airbus, was acquired via a contract awarded to a subsidiary of Corporate Travel Management Ltd (CTM), the Australian-based company which is also in charge of overseeing the controversial Covid hotel quarantine system which charges £1,750 per adult to house arrivals in Britain from red list countries.

BJ kept the business “in the family” … :wink:

1 Like

So, presumably, the police are investigating all your alleged incidents … :thinking:

I would expect House of Commons scrutiny and a full report from the Electoral Commission, too … :neutral_face:

1 Like

The only police incident that I’m aware of or can remember is BeerGate which I think is a waste of money in the same way as I thought Partygate was. And think that both police forces should have stuck to their guns and not investigated retrospectively.

The way our police work, is that they warn/explain and if the person/s argue with them, then they fine them.

Whataboutery is no defence for the undefendable actions of The Fat Oaf and his cronies.

So you agree with hypocrisy then.

well he doesn’t have to run everything by us the masses does he ? we did give him permission to run the country for us so that we could have relaxing w/end and not fly around in noisy jets?

Poor Boris, getting bashed again

he seems to handle it all well??

Before acquiring an airliner as a sky-taxi, BJ’s preferences were more modest:

It comes after the Sunday Mirror revealed Mr Johnson had travelled more than 1,200 miles in just two weeks on a £47 million Gulfstream jet owned by JCB digger magnate and Tory donor Lord Bamford.

Almost all of the private flights taken by Mr Johnson since becoming PM could have been made with forms of transport which produce far less carbon dioxide - often with little difference in travel time.

And it would have taken a year for a typical petrol-powered car to emit the carbon dioxide released by the private jet flights in just an hour.

In the run up to the 2019 general election, Mr Johnson spent almost £164,000 chartering planes with VIP travel firm Starflight Aviation - spending more than ten hours in the air on short haul flights between London, Durham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast, the Midlands and Cornwall.

These journeys alone released an estimated 25.4 tons of CO2 - compared to just 0.2 tons if the same journeys had been taken by train.

The PM chartered three planes from Starflight in November and December 2019, a 56-seat SAAB 2000, a 78-seat ATR 72 and an £11.6 million luxury Hawker 900XP jet.

I hope that climate activist Carrie has a word with BJ.

Of course, she may have become accustomed to a certain standard of on-flight accommodation:

JCB boss Lord Bamford’s luxury Gulfstream jet

When it suits me.

At least you’re honest about it.