Boris Johnson to face final PMQs ahead of leadership vote

Boris Johnson will face Keir Starmer at PMQS for the last time at 12:00 - before Tory MPs decide which two candidates will compete to replace him

PMQs is like a bear garden at the best of times and seems mostly just a point-scoring exercise nowadays.

I’ll be glad to see the back of Johnson’s deflective habit of using name-calling and personal insulting mockery against those who challenge him.
I’m watching him now - using stupid personal name-calling to try to ridicule Starmer , calling him names like “a great pointless human bollard” and similar childish insults.
Sir Lindsay Hoyle had reminded them all to stick to political points and avoid personal insults but Johnson seems to be ignoring that request.

Surely, a man of his intelligence could find the vocabulary to reply without resorting to ignorant name-calling - he seems to think he is being clever and amusing - I think he comes across as a defensive kid who lashes out with stupid comments when criticised.

1 Like

IMO, personal attacks on any platform (including forums) are always the resort of the inadequate responder … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He could have brought this up, but didn’t. And luckily for Starmer the news will be about the Tory leader so will get off lightly:

Your post has got absolutely nothing to do with PMQs … :man_shrugging:

It’s Johnson’s style, though, isn’t it?

Public school type bullying, let’s all make fun of the oiks, tank topped bum boys, scots in their crofts and and anyone who isn’t us while we brag about how great we are

He went out the same way he’s being all along, a lying disgrace to the country, well done to Theresa May for not clapping, I’d have liked to hear some more booing. May his retirement be short and miserable

2 Likes

I’m big on booing so I would have liked a barrage of booing … :grin:

Was he trying to make a clever threat with his cringe making “hasta la vista, baby”?

Everyone knows that’s a line from Terminator 2 and the other punchline Terminator is “I’ll be back” :crazy_face:

Sorry, wouldn’t load

I listened to PMQs today and didn’t see any question remotely linked to the topic covered in the Forde Inquiry - the PM wasn’t asked any questions which would have enabled him to bring up the Forde inquiry.
I know Boris has a rambling style of attack but even he has limits! - the PM and the Government’s actions are what is under scrutiny in PMQs and they follow a set format - even Boris will be aware it would be inappropriate for the PM to start introducing topics totally unrelated to the questions he is being asked!

1 Like

I’m sure the speaker would have called him up on anything he didn’t think was appropriate, actually he did to one MP and which party was that from?

I listened to some of PMQs and was :rofl: before Ian Blackford stood up and started on about Indyref2 - that’s when I switched the radio off.

1 Like

I am fed up with hearing about that as well, Percy. :roll_eyes:

Where’s a Paul Keating when you need him

Well done to Theresa May for not applauding

A shame the other apple polishers didn’t have some principles and do the same. Afraid he might really come back and covering their own butts?

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would still be supporting this disgraceful toad or want him back.

I think that’s a far better indication of what a sick world we live in than Silver Tabby’s hoover lover :nauseated_face: