Boris Johnson praises Peppa Pig and loses place in rambling speech

Haha! :joy:

I don’t, I think he made a complete twonk of himself.

2 Likes

Her certainly did … :rofl:

It wasn’t that funny, but it was better than just adlibbing more politics, or walking off saying he couldn’t continue without his script.

1 Like

Yeah I know…but still… he could have come up with something a bit more…topical, surely? The leader of our country facing all these pressures from viruses, jobs, education, the world.…and he rambles about Peppa Pig? Summats not right with im :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nah, that would have been just so false.

I don’t like him that much, but yeah, why not talk complete blx if you can’t say what you are there to say?

1 Like

I dislike the guy but he’s right on this point!

1 Like

Which is why he rambled on about Peppa because it’s a prime example of private creativity and success.

Is that because he couldn’t think of an actual business?

2 Likes

this is a Boris distraction technique. Now everyone is talking about peppa pig instead of whatever he wanted to avoid in news reports.

Why on earth wasn’t he using a teleprompt rather than a paper script? As for losing his place in the script, why didn’t someone staple the pages together in the right order for him?

distraction technique … ya think?

MSN (scroll down for video)

Ant and Dec enjoyed a joke at the expense of Boris Johnson during the latest episode of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here.

In one part of Monday’s (22 November) episode, contestants were made to compete in a task to win a cake for their group.

Ant and Dec discussed where they had bought the cakes, taking the opportunity to ridicule the prime minister’s recent gaffe at the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) conference.

On I’m a Celeb, Ant (real name Anthony McPartlin) asked his long-time presenting partner where they acquired the cakes for the task.

Dec (real name Declan Donnelly) then proceeded to shuffle papers around, saying: “Forgive me” in an amusing imitation of Johnson.

Eventually, he finds the answer: “Poundland.”

:laughing:

Any man who finds something as purile as peppa pig remotely interesting is not fit to be PM.

2 Likes

It is a business. One which has made a few million pounds for the UK and been exported to many countries around the world. including the US and China

Prior to 2019, Peppa Pig was owned by a Canadian company, Entertainment One, which itself was taken over by an American company, Hasbro, so it’s likely that much of the “earnings” from Peppa Pig no longer stays in the UK.

eOne’s Family & Brands division deals primarily in family-oriented intellectual property, including development, distribution, licensing, and marketing. The division has been seen growth credited to retail sales, licensing deals, and programming sales to broadcasters, accounting for US$202 million in revenue in 2018. It represented a year-over-year increase of 28%, with Peppa Pig and PJ Masks alone accounting for $114.9 million and $75.8 million respectively.

On August 22, 2019, Hasbro announced its purchase of Entertainment One for about US$4 billion.(Hasbro - Wikipedia) The deal was completed on December 30, 2019.

So what? ? My original statement still stands. Peppa Pig was created for Channel Four in 2004.

Whoever owns it now is immaterial the programme has been sold in many countries, 180 I believe, and has made millions for the UK

BJ said Peppa Pig “is a business that’s worth at least £6bn to this country – and counting” - a statement which is patently untrue.

Now it’s made millions for Canada, it’s going to make billions for the USA.

It’s all part of the act. BAFTA is on its way

2 Likes

Nobody cares about Peppa pig in the great scheme of things. But the real news has been drowned out by this kerfuffle.

1 Like