Boris Johnson praises Peppa Pig and loses place in rambling speech

Of course we have who hasn’t ?

2 Likes

His gaffes have never been accidental

I thought PP was Pretty Polly.

Sorry, doesn’t make sense, I can’t believe a PM would look to get ousted. From Churchill to Thatcher to Cameron, they resigned with “honour”.

Mmm, I’m not sure there was a lot of ‘honour’ with of them

1 Like

Nothing honourable about churchill.

I don’t know. He thought he’d have an easy ride and it’s turning out tough.

And perhaps he thinks it’s going to get worse and that some of the investigations into him will go against him.

He can’t really resign, because that would look really bad, bailing out when we’re in trouble

But if his party oust him, then he’s got a get out of jail free card

Maybe, maybe not but it’s something I’m going to keep in mind when I watch what happens next

Sean O’Grady thinks he’ll be out by Christmas. I don’t think so but I just checked the odds at the bookies and you can get 33 to 1. Might be worth a small wager ……

Johnson out by Christmas

2 Likes

I think he’ll be ousted in January after yet another disastrous Xmas in the UK … :face_with_monocle:

Were the PM to either quit or be ousted by his own party then chancellor Rishi Sunak appears the most likely candidate to take over. The former banker is 2/1 to be the next Conservative leader.

1 Like

That’s all we need…someone in charge of the money AND the country :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think he’ll have to give up one job to get the other … :slightly_smiling_face:

Possibly, in the normal way of the world, but now… I don’t trust anything political anymore :joy:

1 Like

Does that mean that you used to believe political things PK? I never had that problem myself.

Well, I made the mistake of thinking they cared somewhat about the country and its people…way back in the early 90’s :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Now he’s got the candidates name wrong

[Byelection booster? PM mistakes candidate’s name during Oswestry visit | Conservatives | The Guardian]

Not much point in going up there to boost the campaign if you do that

Careless, ill or ploy to get sacked?

Any way, his mind doesn’t seemed to be focused on the task in hand

2 Likes

At the least, it’s bad-mannered and disrespectful:

Johnson, who was wearing a mask, chatted to customers and watched as the Tory candidate in North Shropshire, Neil Shastri-Hurst, a doctor turned barrister, gave people booster jabs. However, the prime minister got the candidate’s name wrong.

Johnson said: “I think we’ve got a fantastic candidate, Dr Neil Shastri-Hughes, who I’ve just been seen contributing already to the life of the community by vaccinating people, he’s a doctor amongst his many other talents and what he’s also going to do is work very, very hard for the people of North Shropshire.” He later referred to the candidate as “Dr Neil”.

IMO, he’s self-obsessed and, therefore, careless about others.

1 Like

Gaffs tend to be more memorable than getting things right. Boris has probably made the candidate far more high profile through getting his name wrong.

1 Like

True, but that doesn’t excuse or explain it, unless you think he did it intentionally as a publicity stunt?

Who knows? But since Boris has got a track record of getting elected for all sorts of high ranking positions, one has to wonder whether to conclude the first part of my sentence with “despite” or “perhaps partly due to” his gaffs.

No idea if intentional or not, but he does seem to have a knack which, in this case, may well benefit the local Tory candidate.

Yup, it might well do, the by-election wasn’t one my radar until I read about his boo boo

I think it’s ruddy tragic that populism has got an amoral oaf like Johnson into important positions, though, and a show up for our country

I suppose voting for him is the political equivalent of voting for Boaty McBoatface :joy:

1 Like