Boris Johnson left Cop26 on a private jet to attend dinner in London

Boris Johnson reportedly flew out of the Cop26 climate summit on a private jet to attend a dinner with former Daily Telegraph editor Charles Moore.

The Daily Mirror says the Prime Minister left the conference in Glasgow at 6.20pm and arrived at London Stansted at 7.16pm, before heading to the private men-only Garrick Club for a dinner for former Telegraph journalists.

The fashion of Mr Johnson’s exit was criticised as “staggering hypocrisy” by Labour chair Anneliese Dodds, after the Prime Minister opened the summit by imploring delegates to stop “quilting the Earth in an invisible and suffocating blanket of CO2”.

Ms Dodds said: “This is staggering hypocrisy from the Prime Minister. After warning world leaders it’s one minute to midnight to prevent climate catastrophe, Boris Johnson clocked off from Cop26, jumped in his private jet and flew down to London for dinner at a gentleman’s club with a self-confessed climate change sceptic.

“It seems that when it comes to taking action to tackle the climate crisis, there’s one rule for the Conservatives and another rule for the rest of the world.”

A Downing St source said Mr Johnson had always been due to leave Glasgow on Tuesday evening, as the element of the summit involving world leaders drew to a close.

Mr Johnson’s flight out of Glasgow was confirmed by the Prime Minister’s official spokesman on Monday.

Pressed on why the Prime Minister could not go by train for a journey within the UK, the spokesman said it was important he was able to travel round the country while facing “significant time constraints”.

BJ - all mouth and no trousers, as usual … :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Good lord, is he really that thick?? I have no words…he just keeps sinking further and further into the mire of bumbling fools :roll_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

So he flew out of COP26 to have dinner with climate change sceptic Lord Moore? And Lord Moore is one of Johnson’s cronies and it was Johnson who made him a peer. And it was dinner at the exclusive men only Garrick Club. So I think that sums up Johnson perfectly

Hypocrisy over climate change
Cronyism on handing our peerages
Misogyny and a member of the all boys club
Insincere on “levelling up”
Arrogant and entitled in thinking he can behave like this and get away with it

Really, what will it take for the “Boris” groupies to wake up and see him for what he is?

2 Likes

Bumbling is true, but is he really a fool? He will retire with a cast iron pension most other people can only dream about and there’s nothing foolish about that cashino banker’s hand :+1:

2 Likes

That makes him sound incredibly shallow, self serving, and greedy LD. Shame on you! :joy:

2 Likes

He’s a politician and we must expect nothing else :wink::point_right::grin::+1:

2 Likes

I think he’s a sleazy conman, but not a fool. And the “bumbling” is just a persona he puts on to endear people to him so he can get away with it

So foolish, no, lacking integrity and principles, yes :rage:

2 Likes

I can only agree @Omah , and I have personally reached the end of the line with the conservative party as it is now and have, in fact, now cancelled my membership after many, many years. Here is my letter of resignation sent yesterday…

" Dear Sirs

It is with great sadness that I must from today resign my party membership.

I have been unhappy for quite a while with both many of the policies being pursued by the current administration, both with the u turns in policy, the hypocrisy, and with the seemingly endless examples of scandals surrounding the PM personally, who gives the impression of being a complete personal disorganised shambles.

The most recent shambolic and, incidentally shameful episode regarding Owen Patterson MP was the final straw for me, and I am now actually embarrassed to be a part of such a chaotic administration which is fast becoming a laughing stock both domestically and internationally.

I feel the government is adrift on a sea of confusion and ineptitude, and in the 50 years that I have supported the party I have never before had the feelings of disillusionment and disappointment that I feel now for a once proud political party, and in consideration of the above I request that you remove my name from the membership forthwith.

Yours Sincerely,"

The only problem now of course is who the hell do I vote for next time, the opposition parties are even worse! :rofl:

1 Like

It is, indeed, a sad state of affairs when a long-standing member of any political party feels forced to resign because of the leader’s incompetency … :009:

… and doubly sad when, in this case there is no credible alternative (even to me!) … :009: :009:

1 Like