Boris Johnson: Fact-checking three years of the outgoing prime minister's claims and scandals

Angela Rayner?

(btw I’ve got a soft spot for Lisa Nandy)

1 Like

I had to look up Lisa Nandy…yeah she sounds alright really. A bit more down to earth than some, at least!

Ya gotta larf!

One minute he is “yesterday’s man” the next you claim he has Post Menstrual Syndrome. Is there nothing that Boris hasn’t done? He is starting to sound like an over achiever.

BIB No I didn’t … you should go to Specsavers … :eyeglasses:

Tag = PMS-CLAIMS

You bib needs adjusting.

Perhaps you don’t proof read your posts?

Perhaps you don’t understand tags.

PMS

What does PMS mean?

PMS stands for premenstrual syndrome, a condition that can occur in women several days before the start of their period. Symptoms of PMS can include emotional changes, such as depression or irritability, and physical changes, such as bloating and soreness.

Bit of a stretch applying that to poor old Boris.

OOH … you are clever … :047:

Well, thank you for the compliment. :+1:

But, obviously, you don’t understand tags:

Perhaps they need a bit more thought than you are giving them so that they are clear , concise and don’t have unintended meanings.

Lovely chatting but I think that is enough. The bots are complaining.

I’m sure that your thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated by the Administrator.

It has long been a hallmark of the U.K. prime minister’s governing style to duck questions or even make statements which later turn out not to be entirely accurate. Johnson’s tendency to prolong a crisis at times angers and frustrates colleagues.

Here are 7 other times Johnson’s fumbled the fallout of a scandal since he won power in a landslide election victory almost two years ago .

1. Barnard Castle brouhaha

2. Protecting Paterson

3. Wallpaper-gate

4. Masking the mask

5. Helping Hancock

6. Mystique mystery

7. Animals of Farthing

Details in the article.

The joke “How can you tell when a Politician is Lying, when their lips move” was written long before Boris’s tenure. Lying is not the issue here.

Hi

A bit premature for all this fact checking.

We will have to wait to see if he goes and under what circumstances.

There are some very important public inquiries due, Covid for one, and we do not know what deals he has done.

1. When he claimed money probing child abuse was ‘spaffed up a wall’
    In March 2019, Boris Johnson said police spending on child sexual abuse investigations was “spaffed up a wall”.

He said: "Keeping numbers high on the streets is certainly important. But it depends where you spend the money and where you deploy the officers.

"And one comment I would make is I think an awful lot of money and an awful lot of police time now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey.

“You know, £60 million I saw was being spaffed up a wall on some investigation into historic child abuse.”

The NSPCC said the former Foreign Secretary’s language was “crass.”

:roll_eyes:

I dislike this notion as it seems to normalise very poor behaviour - as in its ok that the PM lied because they all lie. And therefore we should simply accept it. Does that not seem a dismal way of thinking and a way of simply letting liars off the hook? So lets not accept lies.
Having said that, in sense you are right. The real issue with the PM is not the lying. The issue the atrocious lack of judgement in the lying: we had no parties, err ok the parties stuck by the rules, ah but I did not attend the parties, etc. etc. The lies were bad, but the incompetent judgement on his excuses said a lot more about the abilities of the man.

WHAT WAS CLAIMED

“Keir Starmer voted 48 times to overturn the will of the British people and take us back into the European Union.”

OUR VERDICT

This isn’t correct. The figure appears to be based on how Mr Starmer voted in 48 votes related to Brexit. But some of these votes were not about whether Britain should be part of the EU, and all but three took place before Britain left the EU. Mr Starmer has often opposed the Government in Brexit votes, but has also voted a number of times in support of Brexit.

BJ’s perpetual lies have got him into trouble so many times that “Mendacious” should be one of his middle names … :icon_rolleyes:

It all sounds pretty awful. PMS perhaps?