Boris Johnson breaks ministerial code as new Daily Mail columnist

I’m sorry but it sounds insane to me.What’s wrong with WeightWatchers?

He has to do something

1 Like

Semaglutide is supposed to be used to improve glycaemic control for people struggling to control Type 2 Diabetes. It is supposed to be used in addition to a regime of diet and exercise.

It was later licensed as a weight-loss treatment for people who are morbidly obese, it is only supposed to be prescribed to people in U.K. who have BMI of 35+ (or 30+ in some situations with co-morbidity) and have not managed to achieve weight reduction via diet and exercise alone - it is supposed to be an extra help to be used in conjunction with diet and exercise.

Semaglutide drugs may help obese people to kickstart a weight-loss regime in conjunction with lifestyle changes in diet and exercise but it will never be a substitute for the basic solution of “eat less, move more” to lose weight.

2 Likes

I hope he gets paid a lot of money.

The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, known as Acoba, revealed today that the former prime minister only asked them for advice on the position 30 minutes before the newspaper announced his new column on Twitter. But the rules state former ministers should neither announce nor take up jobs before receiving advice from the committee for two years after leaving office.

The chair of Acoba and former Tory MP, Lord Pickles, said the case was a “further illustration of how out of date” the rules were, as the committee could no longer rely on the “good chaps” precedent - where ministers observed “the letter and spirit of the rules”.

In a letter to Cabinet Office Secretary Oliver Dowden, the chair called for sanctions to be introduced for breaches, and while he acknowledged the department was working on a range of proposals, he added: “I am concerned that if the government waits until these reforms can be implemented together, it risks further scandals in the meantime.”

BJ breaks every rule … because he can and get away with it, while pocketing the proceeds … :roll_eyes:

In the wake of the case, government said it will ease restrictions on ex-ministers writing books and journalism.

Deputy Prime Minister Oliver Dowden said “I accept that it would be disproportionate to undertake further action in these circumstances other than the public exchange of such correspondence (noting that there was a breach).”

Mr Dowden has now instructed Acoba to exempt books, journalism and media appearances from strict restrictions on business appointments for former ministers - who are already bound by confidentiality rules when out of office.

It comes after Mr Dowden in July announced a new ethics scheme designed to strengthen punishments for ex-ministers who breached the guidelines with new appointments.

The Tory government exempts self-promotion to enable former ministers to pocket the profits such activities … :roll_eyes: