Boris Johnson breaks ministerial code as new Daily Mail columnist

So, he broke the ministerial code……again……by not informing the Whitehall watchdog about his new job

Yet another example of his complete contempt for the rules and how he thinks he’s better than the little people who have to keep to them :rage:

2 Likes

Hi

I am just completely fed up with him.

He is so arrogant that he is treating us all like idiots and with total contempt.

We need to get rid of not only him, but all the others like him, Liz Truss, JRM, Nadine.

It is not just us, the little people he holds in contempt, he held the Queen in contempt as well.

She obeyed the rules, as did so many long term married who lost their partners when he was partying, the children who could not see elderly parents in the Nursing Homes etc etc.

He has caused so much trouble in the Conservative Party.

The on the ground activists are not going to be out, they are as fed up as everyone else.

He is a total disgrace.

7 Likes

Top post if I may say so.
His total disregard for everyone but himself is staggering!

2 Likes

Johnson said: “I may even have to cover politics, but I’ll obviously try to do that as little as possible unless I absolutely have to.”

In his opening column, the former prime minister made good on that promise, steering clear of politics and the events of the past week altogether.

Instead, he wrote of his experience trying a weight-loss drug which, he said, worked “miraculously” for one of his cabinet ministers, but not for him.

“I was going to search for the hero inside myself - the one that was three stone lighter. I was going to locate that svelte and dynamic version of Johnson, imprisoned for decades in pointless extra body weight, and I was going to set him free,” wrote the former MP.

He said he had to give up injecting the fluid into his stomach once a week “because they were making me feel ill”, but still believed such drugs could be “transformative”.

I wonder what the “fluid” was … :thinking:

He’s mixing with the plebs now though.A bit of a come down.Never mind, the money will make it easier.

His column is good …… just read it. All about weight loss injections.

He writes well.

1 Like

So did Machiavelli !

Why didn’t the lazy fat slob go on a diet!

3 Likes

Because he’s not paying the bill :wink:

2 Likes

Well, hush your mouth. Diets are for plebs, Johnson is obviously above all that :rage:

2 Likes

“But fear not, my dear compatriots, for I, Boris Johnson, have taken up the mantle of championing the cause of flab fightingJust as I have tackled the Herculean task of Brexit and navigated the treacherous waters of pandemic response, I now turn my attention to the neglected corners of being a lard arse.”

4 Likes

The former prime minister has revealed how he used semaglutide in an attempt to shed excess weight in recent years.

Boris Johnson has explained that he was prescribed the drug in a bid to stifle his hunger and lose weight. After getting a prescription and taking weekly jabs, Mr Johnson says he began to lose “four or five pounds a week”.

But he began to “dread the injection” and started vomiting - which he attributes to excessive travelling and changing time zones. He has now returned to “exercise and willpower” in his attempt to change his physique.

Extracts from the long article

Ozempic blew up last year - if media reports from the US are to be believed, every pound dropped in LA was probably thanks to the “miracle” injectable drug.

What started as the preserve of A-listers and the Hollywood elite - rumours swirled that Kim Kardashian used it to fit into Marilyn Monroe’s dress - quickly grew in popularity.

Its generic name is semaglutide. This is the same as Wegovy, which has been licensed as a weight loss drug in the UK and will soon be available on the NHS.

Like Ozempic and Wegovy, it suppresses the appetite and lengthens the amount of time food stays in the stomach, leading to weight loss - at least for as long as you carry on taking it.

In terms of weight loss, in clinical trials people lost up to 20% of their body weight on tirzepatide and 15% on semaglutide.

There are a few downsides. First off, the listed side effects: nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, bad enough for about 5% of people in the semaglutide trial to stop taking it and 6-7% in the tirzepatide trial.

The drugs also carry serious risks including kidney failure, pancreatitis and thyroid cancer.

Another downside has been dubbed “Ozempic face”. Facial aging is a side effect of sudden weight loss as people find the skin on their face sagging where once it was plump.

The drugs also only work for as long as you carry on taking them, and people have reported gaining back all the weight they lost after stopping the drug - either out of choice or because of a supply shortage.

Playing with fire … :neutral_face:

Returned???

My neighbour has done about 6 weeks on these daily injections and lost less than 7 lbs. First month was on the lowest dosage, now she has gone up to next stage. They cost her £170 a month. Like Boris, they are not working for her so after this month she is not buying any more.

I’m sorry but it sounds insane to me.What’s wrong with WeightWatchers?

He has to do something

1 Like

Semaglutide is supposed to be used to improve glycaemic control for people struggling to control Type 2 Diabetes. It is supposed to be used in addition to a regime of diet and exercise.

It was later licensed as a weight-loss treatment for people who are morbidly obese, it is only supposed to be prescribed to people in U.K. who have BMI of 35+ (or 30+ in some situations with co-morbidity) and have not managed to achieve weight reduction via diet and exercise alone - it is supposed to be an extra help to be used in conjunction with diet and exercise.

Semaglutide drugs may help obese people to kickstart a weight-loss regime in conjunction with lifestyle changes in diet and exercise but it will never be a substitute for the basic solution of “eat less, move more” to lose weight.

2 Likes

I hope he gets paid a lot of money.

The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, known as Acoba, revealed today that the former prime minister only asked them for advice on the position 30 minutes before the newspaper announced his new column on Twitter. But the rules state former ministers should neither announce nor take up jobs before receiving advice from the committee for two years after leaving office.

The chair of Acoba and former Tory MP, Lord Pickles, said the case was a “further illustration of how out of date” the rules were, as the committee could no longer rely on the “good chaps” precedent - where ministers observed “the letter and spirit of the rules”.

In a letter to Cabinet Office Secretary Oliver Dowden, the chair called for sanctions to be introduced for breaches, and while he acknowledged the department was working on a range of proposals, he added: “I am concerned that if the government waits until these reforms can be implemented together, it risks further scandals in the meantime.”

BJ breaks every rule … because he can and get away with it, while pocketing the proceeds … :roll_eyes:

In the wake of the case, government said it will ease restrictions on ex-ministers writing books and journalism.

Deputy Prime Minister Oliver Dowden said “I accept that it would be disproportionate to undertake further action in these circumstances other than the public exchange of such correspondence (noting that there was a breach).”

Mr Dowden has now instructed Acoba to exempt books, journalism and media appearances from strict restrictions on business appointments for former ministers - who are already bound by confidentiality rules when out of office.

It comes after Mr Dowden in July announced a new ethics scheme designed to strengthen punishments for ex-ministers who breached the guidelines with new appointments.

The Tory government exempts self-promotion to enable former ministers to pocket the profits such activities … :roll_eyes: