Boris Johnson booed as he arrives at St Paul’s for platinum jubilee event

Seemingly it was quite extensive (according to the Express at least). Hardly surprising. As for wolf whistles for princess nut nut - I very much doubt if that was the case.

The Guardian … zzzzz

Any boos are bad news … :man_shrugging:

Tory view:

AFAIK, no other arrivals were booed … :man_shrugging:

Waits for maree to comment on how the cheers haven’t been mentioned.

How strange you were only focused on one couple, Omah! :grinning:

1 Like

Well, I’m not remotely interested in the Sussexes and it seems that the media, apart from the Express, failed to notice “a mix of cheers and boos”.

The express seems to “have it in for” the Sussexes:

ETA Now the Mail have picked the “story” up:

But if we’re listing “cheers and boos”:

Platinum Jubilee: William and Kate arrive at St Paul’s Cathedral for National Service of Thanksgiving

The couple were greeted by loud cheers from the crowds as they made their way into the cathedral for the thanksgiving service today.

Oh my goodness, he only went and read Phillipeans 4:8 at the service!

Do you think he was taking the p and just winding up us who loath his dishonesty, because he thinks it’s funny?

Or is he really so arrogant that he doesn’t see words about honourable, justice and pure aren’t appropriate coming out of his mouth?

1 Like

The irony … :roll_eyes:

Those damned bells started ringing when Harry arrived. He got off lightly, sneaked into the church like nothing had happened, perma smile wife in tow.

How very rude some folks are.
This Service was not about Johnson or any of the guests attending - I think it was most unseemly to divert attention from the main purpose of the event with boos or cheers for the people attending the service.
They have 365 days a year, every year to express praise or disapproval of politicians - why sully the Queen’s Unique Celebration by “making it about Johnson” - a dignified silence when he arrived would have sufficed.

1 Like

He’s made it perfectly clear he doesn’t care what the great unwashed think of him anyway.

1 Like

The booing was reported in our news this evening as well as the cheers for Harry and Meghan

Even some interviews with the common folk

Well, what do you know. Opinion pieces from two well-know left-wing rags, and the equally well-known anti-Brexit leftie Iannucci.

No attempt to redress the balance I notice, just pander to all those who despise Boris Johnson. I wonder how many interviewees they had to sort through until they found one who met their criteria bias?

1 Like

Culture secretary Nadine Dorries has been widely mocked on social media after claiming that there were more people cheering than booing at Boris Johnson at Friday’s Platinum Jubilee thanksgiving service at St Paul’s Cathedral.

To know him is to love him … :wink:

I don’t think you’d have to look far to find people who despise Johnson and are up for saying so, they’d be queuing up :rofl:

Left wingers and Brexiters are entitled to hold opinions and express them too……and get those opinions reported on

The media can’t be all GBNews, thank Gawd, and just because the Johnson lovers don’t want to hear the truth, it doesn’t mean they can shut us up….yet! :rofl:

1 Like

Mr Johnson was playing the supportive dad, enjoying a meal during a break from his official duties but his meal was disturbed by heckles from fellow diners.

The PM responded with a dismissive hand gesture and left the establishment.

Theo, 22, who shares his father’s distinctive shock of blond hair, no longer works at the restaurant. He left shortly after Boris’s visit, though this is thought to be unrelated.

Even so, the booing must have made things a little awkward in the kitchen.

Of course, I cannot condone bad manners from “fellow diners” … :man_shrugging:

In the case of Bunter I certainly could. They should have thrown the bum out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know. I don’t watch it (no TV licence), but if it rubs the lefties up the wrong way, it’s okay by me. :slight_smile:

I get my news from Twitter and the various discussions and news bulletins broadcast throughout the day on Talk Radio, which I listen to from 10:00 a.m. until around 8:00 p.m. - no obvious signs of bias.

1 Like