Booster Bus - promises, promises!

So because the booster programme has been pretty shocking we’ve been promised a Booster Bus! Has anyone else got one? Can we share photos of the bus then compare results of this promise. Here’s the one we got on the Isle of Wight:
All those people standing outside in the cold - and ONE - yes, just ONE VACCINATOR! This is shameful…but typical of Boris and his government…AND IT’S ONLY HERE FOR FOUR DAYS!!

3 Likes

Just when I thought I had seen it all

Can’t you just go to your GP?

Only for a phone appointment :lol:

I don’t need to see him anyway … not that its any of your business.

Most of the time, you can’t get near a GP! Some medical practices have been sending out texts and arranging appointments, but they have no where near enough capacity for everyone if the booster programme is going to be done quickly.

It occurs to me, that the vaccination programme may have been deliberately slowed down (all walk in’s have been cancelled and it’s appointments only and that system is really not coping). It also emerges that there’s been a shortage of vaccines! If this had been known, it wouldn’t do much for Boris’ popularity. We’re now being told more vaccines have been bought and the booster buses are out and about. BUT the vaccines carried by the booster bus here are only enough to do less than 2000 people AND the bus is only here for FOUR DAYS!! This is Tory Party Spin and is covering up a nationwide shortage of vaccines!!

1 Like

Yep, its a complete charade.

Joining a queue such as show here would be absolutely useless for either my wife or myself. The most we can stand without sitting down before we fall over is around the 5 min mark, so queues are out for us.
As a conservative government supporter, I reluctantly admit this government must be the worst and the most unreliable one in my memory. . . BORIS MUST GO!!

1 Like

Agreed, Boris is shit.

1 Like

Maybe in the future, we could have white vans like this driving around picking up scrap metal and also offering booster jabs? We’ve got a van round here that drives round with an ice-cream type jingle of “Any old iron, any old iron, any any old iron” which could be adapted to include “Anyone need a booster?”

1 Like

My local chemist is still running a walk-in centre booster service.
The shop was knee deep in them today.
A booster bus sounds a little weird … where do you hang around for 10 minutes after your jab?

The WHO seemed to have changed their minds on booster jabs

More confusing advice…

OK, it does seem to be a poorly funded system if the bus is all you get. We have GPs, Pharmacies and vaccination centres dishing out vaccines so you are spoilt for choice. This Covid does seem to have put a lot of stress on the NHS (that is not to say our system hasn’t been affected because it has)

I don’t need a booster until January according to the latest plan.

It’s good you don’t a booster for while. Have you got omicron cases there yet? You may find that as soon as that’s detected there’ll be a massive rush for boosters and you may be in the same situation as we are.

1 Like

From memory of yesterday’s evening news I think there are 23 confirmed cases of Omicron in NSW, actually the TGA just reviewed the time between the 2nd dose and the booster based on overseas evidence and decided to keep it at 6 months for the moment.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20211203_01.aspx

The majority of cases are clustered around the Regents Park Christian School in Sydney.

It could be a Magic Bus.

It would be handy to have a link to the paper…??