Blue Monday- feeling blue?

Say no more…
:+1:

1 Like

I’m actually feeling better today than last week. I’ve given up on struggling to make things better. The struggle alone was wearing me out. Knowing that other people are feeling the same is good and bad. I’m not alone but not special or unique either. :sunglasses:

Things are looking up. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

As I’m retired, I can view Mondays as the first of six Saturdays in the week.

4 Likes

Absolutely LongDriver…
Lets look at the positives Maree…
(1) I very rarely get depressed…
(2) By careful distribution of my finances I never have to wait until payday to splash out on something decadent…
(3) I have never made a new year resolution in my life. How can you improve on a near perfect lifestyle…(bear in mind that lifestyles are relative to the individual)
(4) There is no such thing as ‘bad weather’ just inappropriate clothing…
(5) Debt? see number (2)
(6) I have motivation in abundance. Whatever the time of year…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I dont do the blues/depression.

I actually woke up this morning feeling better than i have in a long time.
Already purchased 5 Christmas gifts and 3 birthday gifts for this Christmas.

1 Like

A question for all you retired folk?

Do you miss the highs and lows?

I mean the sheer joy of knowing it’s Friday and you’ve got a fun week-end ahead?

I know we don’t get paid weekly on Fridays anymore. But remember the thrill when we did and those little brown envelopes full of dosh?

I still Fridays are special, as if I should be off out on the town! And if we’re not going out I always cook us something nice and we watch something good on the telly

And then there’s that feeling of dread on Sunday nights and grim Monday mornings

I dunno, I’m retiring soon and wondering if I’ll miss the highs and lows and everyday being the same might be a bit dull?

Wow, you’re organised! Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to keep the blues away! Did you buy in the sales?

What lows? For this retired old git/curmudgeon life is one big high filled with achievements as results of the challenges old age brings with it.

1 Like

That’s what I mean though? Do you enjoy all those highs as much without some lows to contrast them with? :rofl:

If you don’t have any downside, how do you know if you’re happy or not?

I admit to being a moody, unpredictable woman. Good in crisis, enjoying a bit friction, like deadlines, a bit of tension and competition, variety, extreme highs, proud of surviving lows

I’m not sure retirement, permanent highs and happiness are going to suit me :rofl:

I fear I may miss Blue Mondays ……

My blondie ensures every day is a day of joy :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Ah, good on you then, a lucky chap!

I doubt my old man feels the same :wink: I’m far too capricious :rofl: He’s probably planning on delaying his own retirement so he can escape to work……

1 Like

What sales Maree ?,honestly havent seen a genuine sale.
Dh and i went to a few outlets and tbh,it was a waste of time.
I bought on-line,2 Medium men`s Puma hoodies for £5,99 each 3 T/shirts,3 for £12, 2 CK 100ml perfume for women £16,75 ea.
And i have about 6 items in my basket,but to get free postage i need to spend another £17,so i am still looking.

1 Like

I reckon the only true and genuine sales are from the big name fashion houses and central London department stores. All the rest have sales of especially bought in so called bargains of mainly tat bulk items such as made down to a price TV’s etc and sold for well inflated profits.

1 Like

I think you’re probably right there, and I always find the Christmas leftover stuff really depressing

I don’t even buy the half price Christmas cards, much to my mate’s disgust. She’s already well stocked up with wrapping paper and cards for next year

2 Likes

You are very organised!

I don’t like the week ends now.The thought of other people not having to work quite upsets me.

2 Likes

What a meany! I bet Bank Holidays really pee you off! :rofl:

I don’t begrudge people the occasional day off.

2 Likes

It was a Blue Monday for me, in more ways than one! -
Not quite as bad as Friday 13th Jan was - that was my “Blackest Friday” in recent memory - since we ushered in the New Year, I have had one “domestic disaster” after another - I never get the first ones sorted out before the next one comes along and on Friday, at the very time I really needed to use my car to transport everything I needed to deal with the most recent disaster, my car conked out on me too! :cold_sweat:
Then I had a major wrangle with the VW garage my car is supposed to be under warranty with - What rip-off merchants they are :exploding_head:

Today’s Status improved slightly from Black to Blue because, after ditching the VW garage as a lost cause, a friendly local garage I used to give my previous cars to for servicing and repairs came to my rescue and have sorted my car out for me - it lost me a day’s work, though, whilst waiting for it to be fixed - and I had to walk home and back in the freezing cold, snowy weather … so I was blue in mood and blue with cold! :scream: :cold_face:

2 Likes

Aw, what a pain, a really Blue Monday :snowflake::ice_cube:

Glad you got your car fixed now, though, hope you have a slightly brighter Pink Tuesday :rofl:

1 Like