Blackberry Season

It probably wasn’t ripe enough.

1 Like

I don’t think it was either, Logan…but the sweet taste of success however…more than made up for it! :smiley: There’s more to come hopefully! :+1:

2 Likes

Never tasted a bitter blackberry to be honest, stick with it… plenty of sugar and spice should do the trick.

1 Like

Oh no…I want the taste of wild blackberries, for good or for bad. I’m not covering up their juicy goodness with sugar & spice. :018:

Gin, maybe… :joy:

2 Likes

At risk of going (slightly) off topic this stuff is lovely!
I’m still trying to get my head around the spices involved.
I suppose it’s a secret recipe.

1 Like

Yes there’s a lot more of them from the picture Pixieknuckles.

1 Like

Ripening oh so painfully slowly :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A watched pot and all that :wink:

1 Like

sigh

I know, I know…but Winter is coming and I need to stock up :scream:

1 Like

I suppose you could pick and freeze them as they ripen.
The blackberry season is all but over down here I’ve never seen anything like it before, it’s still only August!

1 Like

Yes but you guys had a real heatwave, which would have meant rapid ripening.

Not sure mine are ready yet for picking…I’ll see how we are placed in a week or so before I think about freezing them :thinking: I just wish they would hurry up!!

1 Like

We picked another 4lb , but not many left to ripen now.

3 Likes

something strange going on. more flowers on the brambles this late summer. now more young fruit have arrived. the birds are eating well :clap:

1 Like

I don’t mind the bird helping themselves…so long as they don’t get greedy! :018:

i was told a second crop often means a severe winter is on the way. i must get more logs split and chopped up or the memsahib will be nagging me and my little girl will be shivering. bad daddy!

1 Like

Omg…omg…I made blackberry & apple jam, guys…! (Also scones, but that’s old hat…I’m all about the jam! )This stuff is amazing!!

Now…I do have a confession…it was more like a thick sauce because I didn’t have enough pectin in the apples, so I need to get some pectin sugar.

But oh my word…this stuff is delicious!! My own brambles…gosh I love country living!

3 Likes

Hey …I want some too!
The bread looks pretty gorgeous :drooling_face:

1 Like

It is (even if I say so myself) made with yogurt dough, apple sauce and sultanas. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I could live on this…if it wasn’t for diabetes and stuff :roll_eyes:

Also, thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

It looks scrummy yummy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Ripple…:heart_eyes: I’m quite proud of myself :yum:

2 Likes