BIF Birds in flight

Cracking pictures again, Danny. :+1:
I think possibly, the very first one is my favourite.

Wish I could take pics like that. I suppose a decent camera would be a starter. :grinning:

1 Like

Hell Mups if an self taught bloke like me can do it. Anyone can. :grinning: :grinning:

Terrific shots Danny, you never disappoint with your wonderful photos :ok_hand:

1 Like

@Mups @PixieKnuckles @Bathsheba Thank you very much all of you. :grinning:

2 Likes

@Danny - Beautiful birds - fantastic photos. I love looking at your photos, Danny, they brighten my day. Thank you. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Wow. Thank You for such a wonderful compliment. If they make you smile. Mission accomplished. :grinning:

1 Like

Wow!

Superb photos Danny! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Mags I appreciate it.

Danny
Great set of photos. One thing if I may point out there are some unscrupulous people that might easily remove your copywrite signature on your photos and steal them as their own.

My late manageress had a hell of a game as the person who stole one of her photos then sold it on to a company that used it to promote their product. That company claimed they had legally purchase the photo and she should persue the person (unknown) instead. after a lot of research and questions and legal implications she eventually got compensation from that company

I suggest you also use a faint but easily seen watermark across the photos. Trying to remove a watermark is far harder and gives better protection on your property.
you can also if someone want a copy send them a proof copy first. That is one that can’t be expanded without pixelating (downgrading quality). A common practice with wedding photographers I understand

1 Like

Wow! Danny, I have never got a good pic of a bird in flight, but then I only own an idiot proof camera. :grinning:

1 Like

Quite true and I used to worry about it, but anymore I’m not real particular. As you can see I did the watermark the signature. I can always prove I took it with the RAW file. Thanks for looking out though.

@realspeed @Tiffany Thanks to both of you. Truly. :grinning:

Tiffany Of course the type of camera you have will make a difference to what you can capture. When I change over from a film camera to digital I was sceptical about digital photography as it had only just come onto the market.
So my first digital camera was a Kodax CX7220 ( released in 2004) that was only a 2 MP camera. I didn’t know what to expect so wanted to go as cheap as possible. Strangely enough it did ok for most things but what i found was trying to get a closeup on a distant subject it failed on. Since then progressed through the Nikon range to be happy with what i have now.

1 Like

Danny all i can see is your signature on the photos not a watermark and that is easily removed

Yeah I took all the watermarked photos down and chucked them and slowly I am removing my name from some of the old ones. I saw I was pretty much the only photographer signing his work. I have the RAW file so any copyright infringement case I would win.

one of my poor efforts

Nikon D300 with an old Nikkon 70-200mm lens in 2009 with slow 1/500 sec. Thinking back now that was rediculous setting but at the time I didn’t know better I suppose

far better Nikon D810 @70mm and 1/8000s even though further away and photo cropped. a lot "cleaner " shot less “noise” in the photo

1 Like

love the piccies, thanks

1 Like

You are a wonderful photographer @Danny

1 Like

I’m really enjoying these. I would be chuffed if I could produce something half that good. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

@macywack @Maver-rik @Fruitcake Thank You all so much. :grinning: