Best free AV software

So as MBW will, for 14 days, be doing everything that WD was doing, then I’m pretty much covered. And when all the fancy features stop and I just have the free bits, I’ll be able to use WD again? Right, OK, thanks. I shall wait and see what happens in two weeks time!

1 Like

I’m running W8 and have been using free AV software since day one and have never had a virus on my PC at home or at work although I’m online the whole day.

Far be it for me to be a pedant, WB, but nothing is ever “Free”.(Pedant Mode ON! :imp: :imp:)

When you lease a copy of Windows, by buying the lease, any other software is included in the lease price.

That’s a good thing, for us, as we are getting a high extra bit of software, at no extra cost, over the Windows package.

It’s, also, good for Microsoft as they can get all the feedback, for it (as other AV writers do) and they can appear to have a Freebie which works if you are competing .with them! They would, probably, need to get the feedback anyway, in case their Windows package might be thought responsible.

The fact that the MS package may not work well with the competition, could be look a bit dodgy, if you think about it?

Free Users are the bait, the ones who send back the earliest info on a new Virus.

Pedant Mode OFF!