Best drummer ever

Dodge, you’re never going to believe this, but that is ME! How’s that for a coincidence. You can kindly return my record now. :lol:

(I’m telling the truth an’all.):smiley:

It’s MINE …ALL MINE :lol:

She is. :-p

Don’t look like he’s going to let me have it back though, Dongle. :wink:

What would be even spookier would be if you happened to be in Kent during the years 1964-1967 because that is when my mother acquired the record.

It shall now be locked away in a secure location :slight_smile:

Hah. :smiley: I cannot tell a lie, Dodge.
I have never been to Kent.

It just made me laugh because I really did used to have that record, and don’t know what happened to it.
Then you posted the picture of yours - with my proper name on it.
I’ll let you keep it though, cos I like you. :lol:

Ringo wasn’t very good, being left handed struggling with a right handed kit. :wink:

Ginger Baker (Cream) was the man

Cosy Powell (Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow) and Ian Paice (Deep Purple) aren’t too bad either.

My all time favourite drummer (apart from my son) is Neal Peart (RIP).

I saw him twice at the O2 with Rush on the Snakes and Arrows Tour and then on the Time Machine tour. He was simply the gold standard of playing.

The drummer from Def Lepard is an amazing drummer and him only having one arm too! I also think Roger Taylor of Queen is excellent although I am a bit biased as I’m a huge Queen and Freddie Mercury fan.

Carl Palmer (the sole surviving member of Emerson, Lake and Palmer) and Phil Collins are the mutt’s nuts imho.

Dave Clark (“drummer” in the Dave Clark Five) couldn’t even play the drums. In live performances, so I’ve been told, he had another drummer with another drum kit hidden behind a curtain, while DC mimed. :043:

Agree with S Nelson. I too have Let There Be Drums on 45, and the record players.

You beat me to it! Though a life long DC5 fan even I was going to write sarcastically ‘Dave Clark, said no-one ever!’

I didn’t know that about Dave Clark … but anyway I do believe he was the brains and driving force behind such beauts …
Glad All Over, Bits & Pieces … :cool:

My all time favourite band and my all time favourite drummer: John Bonham.

No Sweat.

Collins would have sweated on this one.

And apparently he took credit for writing some of their songs, but not his own work!

Here is one of my favourites - Thomas Lang who I met a few years ago with Greg Bissonette (of Dave Lee Roth fame).

Hard to beat this for sheer talent …

Unless ofcourse, your Craig Blundell who is the best in the world right now. I’ve met him a few times too - he got discovered by Mike Rothery when he was practising in a shed on a golf course. Craigs articulation, separation and timing is simply not of this earth.