Bargain Hunt Can Can

I also wonder if the programme sometimes puts up the remainder?

Some of it is fixed, we met people selling who said it was.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me? Price of an object listed at £100 sold to contestants for ±£30? Gotta be a fix there somewhere, even if it’s the directors slipping the stall holder a few extra quid off camera.

Not quite that much, but yes a discount more than a normal buyer would get on items in Bargain Hunt. Same with the Antiques Road Show I guess, now they, in most cases get a hefty discount on items, but the sellers know the profit the expert could get will go to charity. Normal buyers could never do that, though I have tried.:lol::lol:

Don’t you mean the Antiques Road TRIP, Tiff?

We’ve often said we wouldn’t have been able to get the sort of discount the contestants get on that programme.

Just enlist the help of someone with a camera to film you as you go round buying stuff. Tell them you are doing a programme on antiques and I bet some of them will knock you a few quid off Percy…:smiley:

especially if I flutter my spider leg eyelashes at the seller, well, thats if the seller is a man :mrgreen:

Yes I did, sorry about that. I have had a good discount on some items I’ve bought.:slight_smile:

Whichever way you look at it, it’s our licence fee they’re playing with on these shows.
We should get discounts in antique shops or a free gavel after 20 years of paying it!

They were filming Bargain Hunt when we were at Westpoint Exeter. We were there longer than one hour and they were still filming when we left.

Theres a lot of stop start in any TV show.

This was an old one at Newark…

Perhaps they use a stopwatch. :-p otherwise that last minute dash to buy something with ten seconds remaining is a big fat lie. :lol:

They do use a stop watch, it was shown & the girl with it on yesterdays Bargain Hunt.:lol: When they asked how long they had left, twice I think.

OooooooooooooooooH!!! :shock:
I suppose it’s obvious really. They must have to stop regularly to insert the programme card into the back of Anita’s head, so that she knows what to say. Sometimes I think they insert the five year old version by mistake. :lol:

That was a rubbish auction house they went to today. Most items should have made money & that writing slope not even getting a bid, that was weird.

Exactly what we said. They’ve been there a couple of times but seem to have stopped now (maybe one more show in the can ready to transmit but no more). Useless auctioneer lady, few people in the “audience”, and very few bidding for the items bought.

It wasn’t a good ad for that auction house was it. I certainly wouldn’t send anything there to sell, OK for buyers though, they got bargains.
Wonder what happens to that writing slope now. In Antique Road Trip they take items that don’t sell to the next auction. Not that it happens often, but it has a couple of times.

Dunno :017:

Surely you only need to be able to kick as high as yout tallest pupils head Rhian? :wink:

:lol::lol: